Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ah dee-clayer! Ah just bought me this box o' cakes from the grocers and ahm a-tellin yew they're so good they put a smile on mah face bigger'n a wave on a slop bucket, yeehaw..:)

·
Administrator
14,873 Posts
For true Southern happiness, there's nothin' like a Moon Pie and an RC Cola.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
grandmas "cracklin cornbread with blackeyed peas", I know, but the header said cuisine, not just sweets.
I like moon pies and rc cola and sweet tea too, hell in fact, I think I like EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Someone needs to unleash a slew of Cajun cookin' on our European cousins. The world could be forever changed by a pot of bugsand fixin's.

A plate of Chicken Fried Steak, country gravy and steak fries could topple France single handedly.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Does Popeye's count? I love Popeye's. ::clapping::

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Does Popeye's count? I love Popeye's. ::clapping::
Their red beans and rice are pretty good.. I will give em that.. At least they were a few years ago,the last time I had Popeye's

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
plate of slow smoked ribs and a co-cola with some cole slaw is about as good as it gets. Barbecue- it's better than long pig!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Pulled pork sandwiches ( or sammiches if you prefer), pinto beans,greens, sweet tea, and peach pie for desert.

Fried catfish, home fries, hushpuppies, with the wifes cole slaw, sliced tomatoes. Don't need desert with that one. I'll hurt myself with the main course (and of course a cold malted beverage is required during the frying process).

·
Registered
634 Posts
Anything that comes out of the Freezer section is not real southern food........

With that said Sweet Tea (Real Sweet Tea Yes there is a difference) and some good ol biskets and Gravy, Just saying

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I remember the first Thanksgiving we spent here in Montana.. We brought a few things to our friends for dinner mashed rutabegas,sweet potato casserole with pineapple and rum,and an osgood pie(my favorite) for dessert.. Don't forget the sweet tea... It was funny, they drank the sweet tea and thought it was the best thing in the world. They said they make tea and put the sugar in later but we all know it's just not the same..

For Christmas we always do shrimp or crawfish etouffee and some other good seafood fixins.... I love to cook! It relaxes me...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts