Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is no one from South Jersey preparing?
We have attempted to meet with others from South Jersey on another site but seemed no one was interested in meeting up and prepping.

Our thoughts on the coming events. You cant possibly plan for every circumstance but here are our basic plans. We are in the western part of Burlington County.

For a minor disturbance that could last from days to weeks
We plan to stay put. We can survive this period where we are. We dont have a bug out destination yet, but are looking. One large part of our plan is to use our travel trailer as a bug out vehicle and/or bug out location. which helps our plans to be flexible.

Depending on the notice we have and whether the bridges are closed, we would bug out to the millville/vineland area.This is away from the more populated areas.

One thing I have determined is that South Jersey would make a great FEMA DENENTION CAMP. Surrounded on three side by water, and a large military presence cutting the state in half. if it gets that bad, anywhere in Jersey is not the place to be.

If we can get out in time, the second bug out destination would be the Gettysburg area of PA. Again we are away from the populated areas and give us a chance to assess the situation and to give us options. Remember IMPROVISE, ADAPT, AND OVERCOME.

The one thing we know is that we need a core group that can provide mutual support and defense to each other.

Anyone interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you ever thought about northern Sussex county for a bugout loc? Its pretty sparsely populated up here, plenty of wild game, numerous potable water sources, and being in the mountains there are many strategic vantage points IE. high point state park monument- 1260' above sea level. You can see for miles into the surrounding valleys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im interested in being part of that core group. I know the millville/vineland area very well. Im willing to help provide that support and defense to each other

Im in new jersey and im preparing for when SHTF. I do agree with you about no alot of people preparing in sout jersey and about leaving to Gettysburg area of PA in case of the fema camp. I live in millville and started prepping when I was 15-16 years old. Im 18 right now. Im trying to get more friends/family on the same train as me. So far its just me, my brother and father, and our dog. Looking to discuss further about this.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry, but this state is just too small & too packed with people for there to be a bug out area that the amount of military/police couldn't chase you out of. I do agree, wouldn't be hard to slice this state in two. I'm stationed here at one time I thought of moving south end once I retired but I started looking at the map, the local gov't and the amount of people NOT preparing even for a winter storm... I'm not staying.

Best of luck to those who stay or can't move but if you can find a reason to get out... get out think of how easy they could shut down this state if you wanted to get to PA.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
No offense intended, but New Jersey is not a good place to be in the best of times. I would not want to be anywhere near there if the world turned to shit!

·
Registered
4 Posts
A lot of "high risk target areas" very close. New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, not to mention large scale soft targets, power plants, sports arenas. Gotta run!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile.. Just got my password issue fixed. I am originally fron SJ....Urinal Cake I know all about LBI...proud alumni of long beach township beach patrol. My wife and I already bugged out to VT. There are plenty of options if someone were to stay in that area though....pine barrons for hunting and fishing. Plenty of salt water fishing. Close proximity to the cities is a bummer though. Still, many good people down there with great outdoor skill...think Tracker Tom Brown....his school...I think ran by his son now...provides huge survival knowledge.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Shhhhh!
You wanna get overrun by some of these Bumkins? Hell the last thing we need is more refugees!
Vision care Violet Font Jewellery Magenta
I am surrounded by Viking yachts, nicer than most peoples homes and the knowledge of how to hot wire any one of them. Prepping offshore if I ever have to to a hard evac.
Mount these on the aft deck and get those outriggers set for dinner...
Bicycle part Bicycle tire Rim Automotive tire Font

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Sounds like a good project is about to be started . Get a few 100 acres , build some log cabins , barns , do some farming , hunting ,have some live stock , chickens , fishing. " Amish Style Prepping " . Sounds good to me .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts