Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Some water questions...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Lucky Jim 
one of my concerns is the condition of my current water sources once the shtf. With all the hydraulic fracking going on, I hope the spring fed lake on my property is not contaminated with diesel, benzene and who knows what? I will likely never drive a car that runs on natural gas, so the reducing dependance on foreign oil bit doesn't wash with me. Safely store what you can in containers (hopefully BPA free) and learn how to find and conserve water sources now before the shtf.

Sorry for ranting, I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

To answer one of the OP's questions, I don't think color of the barrel is critical, but rather the material the barrel is made of. Is it food grade? What was stored in the barrel prior to you buying it? I found some 275 gallon totes on metal pallet that contained honey previously. I would also look at secondary or even tertiary treatment of water supply prior to consumption. I hope this helps.

punch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.