1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Goal Zero has been hiring salesman to stand in the walkways of the costco I request and push their stuff. I stopped looking at their stuff a long time back when I realized how much you can buy in terms of panels, inverter ability and such without the fancy packaging they out together. Sometimes the packaging is definitely worth an extra buck ... But when I looked last time it was a lot more than an extra buck. Any better yet?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right now, it is $1995 in store for 2 panels, and is being sold for as low as 1400 (almost 600 off) and for 4 panels, its usually 2335 and is being sold for 1900...

It comes with the panels, tri-pod, and "generator"

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont like being pushed about stuff, I just thought it was a good deal. Its chilling in the lobby and needs to go, so its dropping to vendor price

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Is the inverter full sign wave or stepped?

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
It is the classic "Build vs. Buy" debate. You could build a solar power station fairly easy and be able to add panels, batteries and inverters etc in the future. The so called Solar Generators are pre-built for you. Limited storage and power but ready to go. I seriously thought about buying one a few years back but decided to build my own. Like a lot of things, Solar Power is on my To Do List. Other than a small panel that I have used to charge phones/laptops, I have not built the system that I want. I think solar power is still over priced. I may regret it put I would rather do more research and do it right as the investment is substantial. A good site is Backwoods Solar. Backwoods Solar - Solar, Hydro and Wind Systems for your home. Backwoods Solar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.