Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,735 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
There is exactly nothing the government can do for me that I can't do myself.

Disabled mine when I first heard about it. Guessing they still track though.
I disabled both of our phones and check it periodically to see if it got turned back on. So far it is staying disabled. Unfortunately it's here to stay, you can't delete it. At least as far as I've found.

·
Super Moderator
9,735 Posts
I disabled both of our phones and check it periodically to see if it got turned back on. So far it is staying disabled. Unfortunately it's here to stay, you can't delete it. At least as far as I've found.
Yeah, unfortunately, about the only way to be sure is get rid of the phone. Hmmm..maybe its time to go back to the flip phone.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Our phones and other technology is all about tracking and feed back. Privacy is being a relic of the past IMHO.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Can't say we didn't see it coming, we can't say history did not try to teach. We can't say we were not warned by the framers. Hell, even our enemies tried to warn us. Welcome to Oceania and 1984.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately, about the only way to be sure is get rid of the phone. Hmmm..maybe its time to go back to the flip phone.
Yup! I just have a flip phone, did not have text enabled on it.

Never had and never will have a smart phone, I don't need it.

It is disgusting how people have their head burried in one, oblivious to their surroundings, walking or driving.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Time to go back to CB radios or Ham radios, no one to contact me anyways besides the wife.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yup! I just have a flip phone, did not have text enabled on it.

Never had and never will have a smart phone, I don't need it.

It is disgusting how people have their head burried in one, oblivious to their surroundings, walking or driving.
Same, Same. I have smart-phone for work, that gets turned off as soon as work is over. Personal is a flipper that does calls and texts.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Forgive me for asking (never had a smartphone) but a smartphone is just a hanheld PC with phone capabilities built-in. So why can't you smartphone users just uninstall unwanted applications like you would on a PC?

I've had the same flip phone since 2009-ish. Yeah, people look at me funny.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts