Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon this on another forum. It is a photo essay by the Denver Post on the Vietnam War originally published in 2010 on the occasion of the 35th anniversary of the fall of Saigon.
I found it very powerful and moving. Read the disclaimer at the beginning, some of these photos may be disturbing to some.
I wanted to share this.
In memory of the fallen.

Thanks.

Photos: A Look Back at the Vietnam War on the 35th Anniversary of the Fall of Saigon - Plog

·
Registered
24,403 Posts
Bad times. Glad you made it back. Glad my father made it back. Hate we lost so many of our best people in that crap. Especially hate the vile, Satanic bastards who have been using our people for their own benefit.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
When the American continent finally comes to war again it will be much worse, for we are the best and most creative of all dark thoughts of murder and torture, well trained in memories by the sickness spread through our movies and media, and God will finally weep his last tear for what man has becomes.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Be good for all those screaming for revolution to look at those pictures and realize what it would bring for their family. War should always be the last resort, its a shame that the people in power rarely are faced with the reality of the consequences of their actions.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Brought back some memories, December 31, 1967 to December 28, 1968

The soldier above all others Prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. Douglas MacArthur

·
Super Moderator
9,509 Posts
The 1st war to be brought into our living rooms. This was also the worst our troops have ever been treated by our own.

I tried to enlist at 17 but found out I was 4F for the draft. To those of you who did serve there, I'm glad you made it back. And thank you for your service. I am sorry for the way you were treated when you made it home. That was shameful.

·
Administrator
15,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I consider it a Blessing from God that He allowed me to go to Vietnam and return unharmed. I truly believe it made me a better person, and am grateful to have had the opportunity.

Reactions: 9UC

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Thank you for your service. (that looks so hollow but it is a heartfelt emotion) Thank you.

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I was 8 when it ended. I remember spending the night at my grandma and grandpa's house on the day we abandon the embassy. It was the only time I ever saw my grandpa with tears in his eyes as we watched the evening news and it showed the helicopters leaving the embassy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts