Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gear to carry spare ammunition and magazine for your firearms.

Rifles and pistols can only carry so many rounds in them. Your firearm will need to be reloaded and you've got to figure out how to carry those spare rounds and magazines. Whether it's an AR15, a Glock 19, M1 Garand, Marlin 336, 10/22, Mossberg 590, Remington 770 or PPK. There are bandoleers for shotguns and leveractions, LBE and vest rigs for military rifle magazines, pouches that can attach to belts, MOLLE/PAL and whatever you and 550 can tie it to. And more. Hell you can even throw spare rounds into an old sock and stick it into your pocket. Some are faster ways to reload than other of course. May this thread help those who haven't figured it out yet and give those who have a spot to discuss their rigs for those who haven't.

These days, though I have LBE's and vests, I've transitioned to satchels. Modern takes on the tactical man purse as some like to poke. Truth is, I find them comfortable to wear with a CCW rig and there fast to put on and fast to take off. Maxpedition Active Shooters Bags are what I'm using but the market has seen an explosion of satchel, shooter bags of there type for good reason. They work.

9833review8.jpg
BG554_500_5.JPG

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Picked up an extra LBE over the years . but it can be an issue walking around with it on. No crime but not a good idea The v can be very handy and can be stocked up and ready to go.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Fuzzee that looks so metro you would fit right in at starbucks

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fuzzee that looks so metro you would fit right in at starbucks
Thanks, I like Starbucks. I prefer my coffee with a burnt crusty flavor.

Back on subject though, I use the Active shooters bags because they work so well with a CCW. It's what I wear all the time and will be bugging out wearing as I feel it's better to be able to have a rig you can stash most of your gear with and go into a town or trading spot, concealed and more able to blend in as less of an open threat. Vests and LBE's are tough and support weight good, but can be cumbersome and longer to take off and put on. Great for standing a post, but not as versatile for many different users to adjust for and much more openly threatening to some in a more miltary appearance. I have them, used them in the Army also, but won't be bugging out with them on foot. In the vehicle, yes, with the rest of my extended gear, but if I have to go to ground they stay behind.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I totally agree with your approach on this, Fuzzee.

I like these -- very discreet -- look just like camera bags. Cannot tell they are for packing mags and ammo. Has a vinyl pouch for a map (great for driving if you do not know the area), a radio holder, place for a GPS, cell phone, chem lights, flash lights, CCW and mags, knives, and whatever else strikes your prepping fancy.

BLACKHAWK! Battle Bag - BLACKHAWK!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree with your approach on this, Fuzzee.

I like these -- very discreet -- look just like camera bags. Cannot tell they are for packing mags and ammo. Has a vinyl pouch for a map (great for driving if you do not know the area), a radio holder, place for a GPS, cell phone, chem lights, flash lights, CCW and mags, knives, and whatever else strikes your prepping fancy.

BLACKHAWK! Battle Bag - BLACKHAWK!
I like that. Lot of room and the map pocket is a nice touch. I have Blackhawk gear and it's all well made. That version is more discreet than the Maxpedition bags.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks, I like Starbucks. I prefer my coffee with a burnt crusty flavor.

Back on subject though, I use the Active shooters bags because they work so well with a CCW. It's what I wear all the time and will be bugging out wearing as I feel it's better to be able to have a rig you can stash most of your gear with and go into a town or trading spot, concealed and more able to blend in as less of an open threat. Vests and LBE's are tough and support weight good, but can be cumbersome and longer to take off and put on. Great for standing a post, but not as versatile for many different users to adjust for and much more openly threatening to some in a more miltary appearance. I have them, used them in the Army also, but won't be bugging out with them on foot. In the vehicle, yes, with the rest of my extended gear, but if I have to go to ground they stay behind.

Thats the cleanest looking combat stuff I ever saw,

·
Registered
24,251 Posts
Looks like I need to upgrade. My L.A. Police range bag looks absolutely ghetto compared to Maxpedition!

Call me metro, I do not care. I call it ready. So there! :p

·
Registered
24,251 Posts
Besides, I gots a wife, I don't care what others think!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats the cleanest looking combat stuff I ever saw,
That's probably because it's not issue gear or used in combat everyday where it's carelessly thrown around. (except for the old guaze pouch) It's my personal owned BOB rig, taken camping and hiking. I'm not a 20 year old kid either with one finger up his nose and the other scratching his butt thinking about the new X-Box game, knowing if he breaks it, they'll replace it for him. I don't do much low crawling in the mud with it either and basically take it off and lean the back of it against a tree. That Vulture II is brand new though with only 1 trip out, same as the machete. Sorry to disappoint you if you like dirty, torn gear. Even when my gear gets dirty, I clean it when I get back and if it tears I either repair it or toss it. If I toss it than I'll replace it with something that won't tear. The Maxpedition isn't like that though. I also wash and wipe down my tools with oil thoroughly, knowing if I take care of them, they'll take care of me.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have Garand clips in bandoleers, but I probably ain't going far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm still deciding on a dedicated bob,get home bag, between voodoo tactical and 5.11 now. Atm, have a few generic bags loaded. I've considered the maxpedition murse for carry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts