Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate this format..... I liked the ability to scroll through the list of forums and see what was the last thread that had a post in it.... This particular setup feel kludgy... I encountered it at couple other places and I didn't like it then and there either...

So what am I missing - what's the benefit of now vs then?

·
Registered
177 Posts
It’s different. I used to use active topics tab, the new button is close but if I looked at this topic and decide to comment I have to press new again and then active tab to find it again.

I will say this format was easier to upload a photo for an avatar. Curious to see if photo I took with phone and uploaded to IPad still end up on their sides.

·
Super Moderator
9,739 Posts
I hate this format..... I liked the ability to scroll through the list of forums and see what was the last thread that had a post in it.... This particular setup feel kludgy... I encountered it at couple other places and I didn't like it then and there either...

Well, I'm not 100% up to speed on all this stuff but I can tell you they tell me...
New Homepage Experience
Our algorithm will serve a personal customized feed based on your prior engagement with content on the site. If you’ve liked and or commented, or are following certain topics that are of interest to you, similar content will appear at the top of the homepage.
On another topic go watch the Doc The Social Dilemma on Netflix. All will be explained.

Reactions: Michael_Js

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
The owners of this forum have over 1,000 more.
Many were running different software, an IT Department nightmare.
ALL are now, or will be, running on the same platform.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Besides, it's easier to monitor and track. :ROFLMAO:

I don't like the "Smilies". Notice all the violent ones are gone? We must be NWOPC!

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Most all the forums I'm on changed to this format. People on all of them hate it.

Guess management, like in the real world, just doesn't care. They've made the decision for a problem that didn't exist now we have to adapt.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I guess only because I've been using the new format for 3-4 months on another forum...I personally prefer it.

Reactions: rice paddy daddy

·
Registered
Self-sustained liveaboard
323 Posts
I find it much easier on mobile than the old format. I can actually edit my profile without jumping through hoops to get to the "desktop" mode :D the ads in between some posts are a little annoying. but at least the page doesnt hop around loading randomly things making it impossible to read the thread - yet????

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
All is well, and soon it will be better, but they control the vertical, they control the horizontal...

I return you now......to what passes for normal in the new America.

BTW: this pitcher was a lot easier to upload, and here is the reason . This new software is robust.
Yep, that’s what I said, it’s robust, and I have seen that word used, in a lot of software updates.

Does anybody in the software and programming world own a dictionary? Do any of them have a set?
Because strong is another word synonymous to robust. They are a pack of lemmings, IMHO.

Note: for you young tater tots, my reference is from The Outer Limits.o_O

·
Registered
157 Posts
I’m adjusting to it like everything else that changes when you just start to get proficient at it. Progress I guess. Similar to Gab.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Besides, it's easier to monitor and track. :ROFLMAO:

I don't like the "Smilies". Notice all the violent ones are gone? We must be NWOPC!
Here is a violent picture if there is such thing.

That is Hiroshima after the A bomb. I will withhold commenting on the brutality of it, except to say that they deserved it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
So much for ads targeted by IP address. Satellite Internet always screws them up. Next week I will be getting ads for Missouri
B3552B2A-23C3-4967-917D-DB570C4A1B35.png

This is how I usually view the page. No ad and I don’t have to put my glasses on.

C96462DE-F0BF-41A7-BD7C-48AFF87807F6.png :)

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,076 Posts
To be honest, it's likely not a change intended to benefit the users of any particular board.
As mentioned, the parent company owns so many different boards and you just can't make them all like the same thing.
Being in the IT field, and specifically a programmer, I can appreciate the massive undertaking of managing 1,000 different interfaces, and trying to keep them all updated with the latest security patches and plugging vulnerability holes. With a unified format, they can likely push the changes out in a batch and be confident that anything that works on one will work on almost all others.
Yeah, it means we aren't as unique as we may have previously been, and that's a bummer.
But the forum style of the early 2000s doesn't attract newer users like a modernized look does. We'll see if it pays off or not.

Personally, I'm finding it very intuitive, and I can't stress enough how helpful the FAQ section is.
This version feels snappy and responsive. I'm a suckier for new gimmicks, so I might be a bit biased.

·
Registered
182 Posts

No benefit. Probably someone made money somehow. I miss the active topics button. I suppose now I am supposed to scroll through every single forum to see what is new?

Reactions: 65mustang

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just got awarded SIX trophies! What the heck is that about? Really weird new site.

Reactions: 65mustang
1 - 20 of 49 Posts