Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK time to share what prepping stuff you got for Christmas! Did you get surprised by someone or surprised by a gift you didn't expect? I got a bury tube which I never really considered but now I can.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Let's see... a CRKT eating tool (the big one!)...more targets for the tactical range...some nite-eyz tie down things...a chronograph (gave that to myself)...and a couple cool Sheepdog t-shirts. And drum roll please...A suppressor for the M&P .22 pistol. Now all I gotta get is the 10-22 takedown rifle for it. Maybe next Christmas depending on the ATF, lol.

Merry Christmas All

p.s. oh, forgot in all my excitement...Beyond Band of Brothers, by Major Dick Winters, Easy Company Soldier, by Sgt. Don Malarkey, Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends, by William Guarnere and Edward Heffron (who sadly passed away last week) and a surprise BOB from LA Police Gear (got all kinds of neat pockets to stuff)

·
Registered
18 Posts
As a beginner, I got several of the books I asked for. SAS Survival Handbook, Survival Handbook: Outdoor Adventures, Survival Medicine, HAM Radio for Dummies, and ARRL 2013 Handbook (another HAM Radio book). The first three so I can have multiple sources besides what I already know from military experience and what I am learning here and the latter two so I can work on my HAM license (also I am comm in the military, so should be easy to get past the tech license). Got some other goodies but these books were what I was really hoping for. The HAM will come in handy especially. Working on my Masters Degree in Telecom Management and after I leave the military (hopefully on my own terms and not through the AF manning drawdown that is happening) the combination should really make me marketable for the jobs I am looking into. Plus HAM will be the last comm left on the planet. They can take down our satellites, our cell towers, and our copper. Can't stop HAM (except EMP, but you can even protect for that too).

·
Registered
560 Posts
OK time to share what prepping stuff you got for Christmas! Did you get surprised by someone or surprised by a gift you didn't expect? I got a bury tube which I never really considered but now I can.
I received a five pound block of obsidian, a suitcase full of leather sides and remnants. And a 250lb Peter Wright anvil….

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
I got the OK from the misses to order a new toy. Having trouble deciding caliber, rifle or pistol. So technically I didn't receive it yet but that's my own fault. To many choices and I can't make up my mind.

Got lucky and married one of the good ones, 30 years ago. Suppose that's the best gift a guy can ask for.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Time with grandchildren, Sons and Daughter. Dogs got in on it also.
Large picture of wife and I riding the Dragon, that goes right in the bike room.
Open a box 1050 rounds of 230 gr .45
1000 rounds of 5.56 green tip in another
1000 rounds .22 rim fire
And another box of flooring to go in my bike room , loner term project been doing it a bit at time.
4 more inches of fresh SNOW to clean up this morning.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Got chocolate, a package of boxer briefs, and a winning lottery ticket for $5.

Yeah.

But it's alright. Needed underwear. Nice to have sweets to snack on, and the lottery ticket was nice.

I really didn't expect anything, because I have nothing to offer :(

Hate being broke :(

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I told my wife to consider my Rem 700 and 870 I'll be picking up in a couple of weeks my Christmas and to concentrate on the kids and grandmunchkin.

After spending a few hours in the ER with the grandmunchkin last night just seeing her and her very tired, and not feeling well, mom both asleep under our watchful eye is gift enough for me.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I got to watch my grand kids open presents. My oldest granddaughter, 15, got her first rifle, a Ruger American in 22LR and a range box that will handle not only the 22 ammo but also her 12 ga. ammo for her shotgunning too. My youngest grandson got his first fishing tackle box and a fishing hat. everyone got something they enjoyed and I got to enjoy watching them. Good folks, good times, and good feelings throughout.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I told my wife to consider my Rem 700 and 870 I'll be picking up in a couple of weeks my Christmas and to concentrate on the kids and grandmunchkin.

After spending a few hours in the ER with the grandmunchkin last night just seeing her and her very tired, and not feeling well, mom both asleep under our watchful eye is gift enough for me.
Christmas eve in the ER is never fun. I hope all is well.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.