Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the world didn't end today (lol), what is going to be the next big hyped up "non event" never to occur but draw so much attention? Thoughts?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure there will be a few cults, and some out there groups that will pick some dates out here and there. But I don't see any set in stone dates. I am sure 2013 will be full of nut jobs.
Lol yah, the one thing this world isn't short of, is "nut jobs".

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The majority of the people on this site don't prep because of what the mayans did or didn't say :)
No, but I mean in general. Lord knows you can't turn on the tv without seeing a program about 2012. I'm curious, since it's all over, what other doomsday prophecy is going to be hyped up and have so many tv shows made about it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I am glad nothing happened. The end of the world would have sucked big time!

I did notice that Winter Storm Draco was responsible for seven deaths, tragically -- so for seven poor souls the end of the world WAS today. Sad but true.

I am glad we are still here. Catastrophic events are highly overrated.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Since the world didn't end today (lol), what is going to be the next big hyped up "non event" never to occur but draw so much attention? Thoughts?
Better hold onto our hats!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could A 'Solar Maximum' Event Spark Food Riots And Meltdowns? (One Respected Scientist Says Yes!)

If Earth is struck by a large solar flare, some in the scientific community believe:
The planet will be hit with a widespread loss of power.
Air travel would be grounded.
Nuclear plants would be crippled and without sufficient back-up power, dozens could meltdown.
Satellites would be disabled, causing a serious loss of communication in all areas (military and civilian).
Food and medicine would be in short supply, setting up the potential for food riots within days of an outage.

The peak time for the next big flare is sometime between now and the end of 2013

Could A 'Solar Maximum' Event Spark Food Riots And Meltdowns? (One Respected Scientist Says 'Yes!') | Video | TheBlaze.com

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could A 'Solar Maximum' Event Spark Food Riots And Meltdowns? (One Respected Scientist Says Yes!)

If Earth is struck by a large solar flare, some in the scientific community believe:
Nuclear plants would be crippled and without sufficient back-up power, dozens could meltdown.
Satellites would be disabled, causing a serious loss of communication in all areas (military and civilian).
Food and medicine would be in short supply, setting up the potential for food riots within days of an outage.

The peak time for the next big flare is sometime between now and the end of 2013

Could A 'Solar Maximum' Event Spark Food Riots And Meltdowns? (One Respected Scientist Says 'Yes!') | Video | TheBlaze.com
Lol, well at least it will make for great television. Unless of course we get hit with a flare:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, Solar Flares and the astroid is what we have to look foreward too. Hmmm Now, how can we hype that up a lot more ?

·
Registered
887 Posts
The Pagan volcano and the earthquakes in Japan are decently active lots of 4-6. Earthquakes along Japan. Im going with its gonna sink and there gonna have to move next door or something.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Solar Events are possible for a period of several years every 11 years. Its just part of the natural cycle of the sun. Back in the 1800's they had such an even that would have caused total havoc today but since it simply shocked telegraph operators...burnt up some telegraph lines/Poles nobody really noticed much! Today it would have been a SERIOUS SHTF EVENT!!

We are due for the maximum of the solar cycle in 2013 but since this cycle is soooo very weak to start with there isnt much of a chance to get anything noteworthy out of it.
BUT! Since Nasa and most of the scientific community has a .0001 % accuracy rate with predicting anything in the solar system you never know what might pop up! Anyone saying its going to happen definatley is about as accurate as the 2012 crap!

I've seen every single sunspot for the last 4 solar cycles thats visible and believe me....Cycle 24 is a total disappointment ! A Wimp...A Wuss!...A Limp Wristed Wannabe!

·
Registered
280 Posts
The world's end has only been postponed by gov't interference. :)
And only by accident. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.