Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think we managed to top out at 98 with 38% humidity....even with cloud cover, that had a strange look to them.
@paulag1955, I was born & raised here on the wet side, but every time I've traveled over the passes I could feel a difference.

Was in the Okanogan highlands that summer of the huge wildfire and only a few miles from it. Temps were over 100 nearly everyday we were there (2 weeks) and it didn't bother me half as much as 90 does here. Sure it was hot, but not the 'suck the life out of you' like it does here.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I think we managed to top out at 98 with 38% humidity....even with cloud cover, that had a strange look to them.
@paulag1955, I was born & raised here on the wet side, but every time I've traveled over the passes I could feel a difference.

Was in the Okanogan highlands that summer of the huge wildfire and only a few miles from it. Temps were over 100 nearly everyday we were there (2 weeks) and it didn't bother me half as much as 90 does here. Sure it was hot, but not the 'suck the life out of you' like it does here.
Yes, there's definitely a different feel to it. I still can't handle it, though.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Got a few nice days after spell with hot and humid. You guys down south would laugh at hot and humid here, that is low/mid 90s and dewpoints ~ 70 oF.

Last couple days were low 80s w/dewpoints in upper 50s. Got lots of work done. Today was only high 60s as was overcast, but 50s dewpoints and great day to work in garden. Transplanted much fall stuff for garden, kale, broccoli, cabbage.... then seeded some beets (65 days), lettuce (40 days), cukes (42 days), and early summer squash ( 45 days).

Supposed to be similar upcoming week, hope to get out in the woods and work on the winter stash.

First sign of deer in the garden in weeks, bear has been around, I sprinkled some dried blood on beans and other stuff the deer munch on.

·
Super Moderator
9,820 Posts
110 today. Supposed to be in the 100's all week.

But it's a dry heat.....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
As expected cooling off at night. It is a wonderful 60 degrees out at 0400 this morning . Clear sky . calling for 77 degrees today with some humidity but not bad at all.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We will remember that when you are suffering with the cold and it is in the mid-70's here. ;)
I don't mind 20 below all that much. It is the snow that bothers me. I ride the motorcycles in zero weather often.

Reactions: Chiefster23

·
Administrator
14,864 Posts
I don't mind 20 below all that much. It is the snow that bothers me. I ride the motorcycles in zero weather often.
While serving in the field artillery at Fort Carson, Colorado, we went out to the field with the guns at -20, -30, and slept in tents for days at a time.
The only time snow would cancel maneuvers is if 36 inches fell in a 24 hour period.

THIS Florida Boy does not do snow and below zero weather. I filed a request for overseas duty in the Republic of Viet Nam to get out of there.
It was approved.
I still have the personnel form, all signed and approved, in a frame.

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
Temps have moderated today..

And we had some rain. First rain in a couple of weeks.

Know why it rained?

Because I watered the damn pastures yesterday!!!

·
Administrator
14,864 Posts
This time of year the Florida heat and humidity combine to form strong thunderstorms every afternoon.
We have had spots of standing water on our property for over a week.
The ground is too staturated for it to soak in.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This time of year the Florida heat and humidity combine to form strong thunderstorms every afternoon.
We have had spots of standing water on our property for over a week.
The ground is too staturated for it to soak in.
With the cloud cover yesterday, I was kinda hoping for some rain with thunder & lightening....does wonders in the garden. Maybe later in the week when it cools down some and supposed to rain.....we'll see

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We have had a month long dry spell. The creek was down to inches in some spots. The field drain tiles had spot running this week. A ride yesterday showed no water in the field ditches. That does not happen often. Some spots in the ditches were still damp. The deer were using them as a high way to move around. Crops were ok but it was starting to show they needed rain.
About 2300 last night it started. A lighting show to see. It danced across the sky in all directions. All night lighting , rain, hail and more it just kept coming. 0700 it seems rain has stop. Short walk with the Dogs indicates a lot of rain came down. After a pot of coffee I will fire up the ATV and have a good look around. I am always amazed at the beauty and power of real all out lighting storm.

Just went for a ride around around the place quick check. Creek is up a good 8-12 inches. Water flowing from drain tiles the deep title even have water at the exit points . The grass that was dormant is greening up already.
The beans woke up from the soaking already .
No down trees, no power outages. A welcome storm for sure.

Last night there was about 1 inch of water in the Creek at this point. Now it would be a couple feet. Not a problem this area can handle a lot of water.

20200825_095848[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
@Michael_Js @paulag1955

How is your guys weather been today??? Here in the south end, we've been having classic summer weather, sun & blue skies......until a couple of hours ago when the wind picked up blowing stuff across the yard. Then the sky has since filled with smoke far & wide. Current reports are from wildfires in Eastern Washington. From what I can find out, it's probably from Evan's Canyon fire, near Yakima that's around 75,000 acres and these winds could double that in no time

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
@Michael Js @paulag1955

How is your guys weather been today??? Here in the south end, we've been having classic summer weather, sun & blue skies......until a couple of hours ago when the wind picked up blowing stuff across the yard. Then the sky has since filled with smoke far & wide. Current reports are from wildfires in Eastern Washington. From what I can find out, it's probably from Evan's Canyon fire, near Yakima that's around 75,000 acres and these winds could double that in no time
Well scratch that.....apparently it is more closer to home. Let's see if I can post it..

https://www.facebook.com/SouthSoundNews/videos/1648455745334861/

and in case you don't have FB....

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/la...167-sr-410-sumner/E6IKNGHTRVGOJPTNCOP4X5MM5E/

21 - 40 of 128 Posts