Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The official thermometer has been (and usually does) bouncing from the 70's to 90's and everywhere in between. Today we'll be in the upper 90's with some areas pushing the 100 mark. And this next week will be back in the 80's range again.
I'm sure most of you would probably laugh at the 100 degrees with little or no humidity, but around here it's not a regular thing and most Washingtonians can't handle it well. Especially those of us on the West side of the state. I've been in Eastern Washington with temps well over 100 for days on end and it didn't bother me so much, being a 'dry heat', but it is still hot.

We've had 100+ temps before so it's not really a rarity, it just doesn't happen often and it doesn't stay there for more than a couple of days.

So how ya'll doing??? I think I'm just going to crawl in the freezer with a note to thaw me out later when the temps are more resonable.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Finally cooled off. Lows mid 50's and 75-80 for highs very low humidity. Great weather for mid August can't complain.

Noticed some trees starting to change color. Fall is knocking on the door.

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
It was 104 and humid here in Houston yesterday. There are no storms to worry about in the gulf, so Situation normal.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Pretty typical here. Little cooler right now with highs in high 80s to low 90s. Humidity can get brutal but not horrible right now. We are very dry right now. Has been some showers around but all have missed me.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The official thermometer has been (and usually does) bouncing from the 70's to 90's and everywhere in between. Today we'll be in the upper 90's with some areas pushing the 100 mark. And this next week will be back in the 80's range again.
I'm sure most of you would probably laugh at the 100 degrees with little or no humidity, but around here it's not a regular thing and most Washingtonians can't handle it well. Especially those of us on the West side of the state. I've been in Eastern Washington with temps well over 100 for days on end and it didn't bother me so much, being a 'dry heat', but it is still hot.

We've had 100+ temps before so it's not really a rarity, it just doesn't happen often and it doesn't stay there for more than a couple of days.

So how ya'll doing??? I think I'm just going to crawl in the freezer with a note to thaw me out later when the temps are more resonable.
And not everyone on the west side has central air, so that's a big reason why temps in the 90s are a big deal over there. We're supposed to be in the hundreds for the next few days. We'll see if we actually get there. Yesterday was supposed to, but I think we topped out at 95.

Funny story: I'm a wet sider through and through so it takes me a while to get used to the heat, and even then I don't handle the heat well. But the other day our high was in the upper 70s and I was freezing all day.

·
Administrator
14,858 Posts
Afternoon highs are finally below 100.
Right now it's 94.
Humidity is 63% so conditions are not too bad, compared to just one month ago. 105 degrees with 90% humidity will take the starch right out of you.

·
Super Moderator
2,903 Posts
92 down by the coast but still hot as hell. There is a breeze so that helps some. Did some mowing yesterday and even sitting on the mower for a couple of hours tired me out from the heat. Course, a dip in the pool helps.. well maybe since that water is hot too!

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
92 degrees with 54% humidity which is AWESOME for the Heart of Dixie this time of year! A cool breeze will blow by every now and then but its still brutal in the sun if you're working.

I built a new raised bed by the Chicken Coop and yesterday I filled up the bed of my F150 with enriched Garden Soil from my bulk landscape guy so I decided to transfer it to my new raised bed; shovel by shovel load.

Even with the low humidity, the heat whipped my ass and I only got about 2/3 of the soil unloaded from the truck and into the new raised bed.

So now I'm drinking a cold Shiner Grapefruit Flavored Beer. Refreshing and surprisingly tasty!
IMG_2224 (002).jpg

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Very hot and dry right now. This is supposed to be monsoon season so the highs should be in the low 90's by noon, then a storm should come through which usually drops the temps to the upper 60's. So far, no storms so we just keep baking and baking. I am starting to worry about the water situation a little, but we did have a wet winter so our well is doing fine (for now).

·
Administrator
14,858 Posts
Grapefruit flavored beer?
Damn, Slippy, did you got over to the Metrosexual World on us? :vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

How about a Becks, or St Pauli Girl? :vs_cool:

(Checking the app installed on his phone, RPD sees that it has been 5,705 days since his last drink. Which, for the record, was a 16 oz Budwieser)

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
Grapefruit flavored beer?
Damn, Slippy, did you got over to the Metrosexual World on us? :vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

How about a Becks, or St Pauli Girl? :vs_cool:

(Checking the app installed on his phone, RPD sees that it has been 5,705 days since his last drink. Which, for the record, was a 16 oz Budwieser)
HA! BUSTED! Good one ole man! :vs_laugh:

Truth be known, Son1 and his girlfriend, (not snowflakes for the record) had some friends over for lunch yesterday and they wanted to use my shop to sand and paint an old bed frame and they brought some funky beers over and left what they did not drink.

I've drank Shiner Bock beer for years (Shiner Texas Spoetzel Brewery shoutout!) and when I saw the Shiner Grapefruit beer I poured it into a froze mug and DANG!!!! I was pleasantly surprised. Refreshing and easy drinking on a hot dry day at Slippy Lodge!

Congrats on the 5705 days! I haven't had a full strength Tall Boy Bud in years but very few things taste better after a hard sweaty summer days work out on the land.

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
IMG_2225 (002).jpg

Looks like Son1 and his friends left one of these in my fridge, never heard of it but when I go out near sundown to watch some chicken TV I will give y'all a review on the Back Forty Brewery Bama Mosa Orange Beer!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
We have had a hot dry spell. finally the last couple days we have had some significant rain which has been nice. We could still use a few more days of rain.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Mid 80's today. Low humidity. Mid day a but hot in direct sun. A little short on rain last week . About normal for this time of year.

Reactions: Denton

·
9,016 Posts
Hot and dry in Tucson area. 79 degrees this morning to 109. Storm cam thru about 4:00 PM local time and temperature dropped 28 degrees in 40 minutes.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts