Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

smith&wesson

4K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Infidel 
Go to a handgun safety course and get started on learning the right & safe way to do things first. Then figure out your use cases for the gun. Once that is settled, try firing a pile at a range that rents guns to see what fits YOU well.

A small concealed carry piece will be unpleasant to shoot. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you have a big heavy gun, it's mass soaks up recoil. With a small light easily concealed one, the shooter soaks it up.

Ironically I found I liked my now S&W M&P .40 better than a 9mm when I compared a pile of guns pre-purchase. Despite being A heavier & more powerfully load. Different recoil impulse I guess.

A lot of people have religions around various makes & models, no different than cars I guess. Most good brands produce good guns. Stick with something on the market for a bit & that is somewhat popular. Better repair, upgrade & resale options that way.

Go research & get proper training first no matter what you get though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.