Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Small Kits for your Bug Out Bags

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lucky Jim 
#1 ·
My big purchase this month was a Food Saver vacuum sealer and I've been using it for more than just sealing up good. I am also making homemade MREs and a bunch of various kits for our BO bags. I have been getting some awesome kit ideas from military surplus websites:

Emergency Fishing kits - Survival Fishing Kit
Pocket survival tins - Adventurer Pocket Survival Tin
Survival sewing kit - Survival Sewing and Repair Kit

Here's a decent Youtube video on MREs and how to put those together:

#3 ·
I have a altoids can that I carry with me at all times in my EDC bag that I have the following contents:

• 1 bic mini lighter. (Going to replace this with wax dipped or waterproof matches)
  • 1 small nut (grabbed this for a fishing sinker, but going to replace with real bb sinkers)
  • 3 very small safety pins
  • 1 large safety pin
  • 4 small sized rubber bands
  • 2 large sized rubber bands
  • 3 regular sized bandaids
  • 1 large 4x4 bandaid
  • 1 small packet of blood clotting stopper
  • 4 "high E" string guitar strings for trapping
  • 1 #2 pencil

Needs: Water tablets, fishing line, small blade of some sort (razor blade?), tender (cotton balls).

Thats about all in that pack right now. Like I said, I'm going to replace some of the larger items with smaller ones. I didn't know what would fit when I first started so I started throwing things in there and it really made me think on how to save space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.