Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched probably the most useful YouTube video I have ever seen. Wildernessoutfitters has taken a common wrist rocket and added a whisker biskit to shoot arrows also took some cheap arrows took the knock off and put a golf tee in its place for something to grab ahold of. I haven't tried it yet but it is on my for sure trying that list. If anyone has used this and can offer some tips or other mods I would be glad to know of them.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
We made those as kids, . . . in the late 50's, . . . basically a fat "Y" cut out of 3/4 inch pine, . . . we used model airplane gas line, . . . mine would send a standard wooden target arrow about 100 yards.

I never killed anything with it, . . . but with broadheads, . . . I would think it deadly on dogs, coyotes, groundhogs, and maybe even smaller white tail deer.

I will say that I think that it would make a great small game weapon, . . . and even kids could use it as a defensive tool.

We did not use a pouch of any kind, . . . just the rubber itself, . . . that way we could always get our arrow knocked at the same place. The rubber also acted as the bow string.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had sling shots since I was a kid and never thought about this "mod" but now I'm going to try it and I picked up a couple more this morning for my kids to learn how to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts