Glass BBs
Dried beans
Glass (be careful)
Ball bearings from machines that are broke down

·
Registered
693 Posts
Marbles
tape up like 5-10 dimes, may not be round but it'll do some damage!

Reactions: TacticalCanuck

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
ball bearings of steel or brass can really land a wallop, see the slingshot channel on youtube. I think lead wheel balancing weights chopped up into square portions or melted into .38 caliber shot would be the best ammo for small game.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I seen a way to mod your sling to shoot arrows for fishing or hunting . You can even make your own arrows with duct tape feathers.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Ball bearings are a weapon, Marbles are a kids toy. Just saying, it might make a difference in court.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dude Yarhei, why would you wanna use BB ammo for sling shot? You might as well get some cool BB guns for yourself instead right?
6000 bbs at waly mart for less than $10.00 cheep shooting. Use very light bands and a pouch that has a magnet in it. Very quiet and dos not look like a gun to get the tree huggers attention.
When I get serious I use .44 call lead shot.

·
Registered
365 Posts
A slingshot is often overlooked. I have one in each of my bobs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use the 8mm and the 7mm steel Ball berrings dirt cheap from Ebay, 100 for $six from China. Pretty sure a head shot could kill someone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I used to use steel slugs my pop brought home from the stampings.
3/8 - 1/2 in in diameter knock the crap out of stuff.

Ball bearings or marbles were too expensive. Although they work well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Porcelain chips or spark plug halves...they penetrate glass easily

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Taconite pellets can be found along railway beds as they fall out of the train cars. Lots of them just laying around for free and work great in sling shots. Here in WI anyway.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
50 pack of marbles at walmart .99, one is the jumbo, the rest are cat eye marbles. Also, have in my backpack a pack of dollar tree jaw breakers, just havent broke them out yet.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Porcelain chips or spark plug halves...they penetrate glass easily
My dad used to make us a toy when we were kids that was made out of spark plug halves, each end would be wrapped with clothes hanger which would then be used for the handle. Match head were then put in the middle, and you'd smack it on the concrete and it would go off like a .22. (I think I remember that right...lol)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts