Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure that there has never been a time in the history of forums that someone is looked at favorably when they go to one in order to promote another.

For that reason, I deleted your opening post.
So this site enables people to create their own groups to organize with people who live near them to help each other in times of emergency? Certainly not trying to poach users - simply letting people know that there are additional avenues that can be used in conjunction with what is here to truly help each other. I'm not sure why a forum with more than 15k members is scared about another, complimentary site, that only has ~50 members and is offering a service this site does not.

So this site enables people to create their own groups to organize with people who live near them to help each other in times of emergency? Certainly not trying to poach users - simply letting people know that there are additional avenues that can be used in conjunction with what is here to truly help each other. I'm not sure why a forum with more than 15k members is scared about another, complimentary site, that only has ~50 members and is offering a service this site does not.
I would like to hear more about the "services" you offer.
Do you have a pamphlet?

I know folks often like to do things their own way, and as Texas, we're some of the most stubborn people when it comes to this. But this site is more than capable of serving the needs of folks geographically near and far. What is it that you feel is missing here?

I'm not sure why a forum with more than 15k members is scared about another, complimentary site, that only has ~50 members and is offering a service this site does not.
first it starts off by people poaching members then they start using the secret handshake - before you know it you are offering slippy a back rub to sell his pikes on your site and making passes at our women folk..

I say NO SIR to poaching, be a member here and do like everybody else does.. use the regional threads to make contacts and the private message tool to plot an overthrow of the forums leadership

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I would like to hear more about the "services" you offer.
Do you have a pamphlet?

I know folks often like to do things their own way, and as Texas, we're some of the most stubborn people when it comes to this. But this site is more than capable of serving the needs of folks geographically near and far. What is it that you feel is missing here?
We've broken the state up graphically into 17 different districts so it's easier to find people near you. The site also allows every member to setup their own either public or private group, or apply to join those others have setup, to coordinate with others, on your own siloh'd areas with calendar integrated to each for those groups to coordinate and do events. I might be wrong but I don't see that available here.

The site is also 100% free, is not a business, doesn't try to sell you anything, and is completely funded by me in an effort to help those in Texas better coordinate and learn from each other. It's obvious the moderators here are very protective of this community, an admirable trait for sure, but outright censorship of complimentary thoughts or ideas seems a bit much for me.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I think it's worth noting that, if nothing else, this thread has provided some discussion in the "Texas" community PrepperForums for the fist time since Nov 2018. Excuse me for thinking it might be dead in here.

We've broken the state up graphically into 17 different districts so it's easier to find people near you. The site also allows every member to setup their own either public or private group, or apply to join those others have setup, to coordinate with others, on your own siloh'd areas with calendar integrated to each for those groups to coordinate and do events. I might be wrong but I don't see that available here.

The site is also 100% free, is not a business, doesn't try to sell you anything, and is completely funded by me in an effort to help those in Texas better coordinate and learn from each other. It's obvious the moderators here are very protective of this community, an admirable trait for sure, but outright censorship of complimentary thoughts or ideas seems a bit much for me.
You're going to have to point out for me where you were "censored".
It looked like you came here, to a site with a high membership, to advertise for your own site elsewhere. That post was removed. That isn't "censorship of complimentary thoughts or ideas". That's community solidarity enforcement, the job of any good mod team.

Would you be willing to ask your own members to come here and register? As a show of good faith, I would expect that they will all be arriving shortly to introduce themselves. We'll see if fair really is fair.
Surely you will admit that we offer a well-spring of information that your site does not currently possess. It would be in your own member's best interests to come here.

Unless, of course, you consider that a risk to your own membership. In which case, I think we understand each other. ;-)

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
Would you be willing to ask your own members to come here and register? As a show of good faith, I would expect that they will all be arriving shortly to introduce themselves. We'll see if fair really is fair.
Surely you will admit that we offer a well-spring of information that your site does not currently possess. It would be in your own member's best interests to come here.
I already did:

Thanks again Denton. You rock!

I already did:
Kaybek, are you not following? I removed your OP because it was laced with links to another prepping site.

One of my jobs as mod is to protect the interest of the owners. A link to another prepper forum is obviously against their interests. It's as simple as that.

As I stated in a PM, you didn't even bust ten posts before promoting your own prepper site. Clearly, you came to the forum to promote your own, and it seems you don't even see a problem with that.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
For those who may not be aware, it's actually possible to join and be active participants in multiple online communities! I know; shocking right? I know for some that might be hard to comprehend but it's true! This site was one of half a dozen plus I listed as valuable resources for people to join, use, and reference. I don't pretend to offer everything for everyone openly share communities that could prove beneficial to others. I'm just trying to help people. That's obviously not welcomed here so I'll leave it at that.

Best of luck to all here, wish you all the best in your endeavors.

For those who may not be aware, it's actually possible to join and be active participants in multiple online communities! I know; shocking right? I know for some that might be hard to comprehend but it's true! This site was one of half a dozen plus I listed as valuable resources for people to join, use, and reference. I don't pretend to offer everything for everyone openly share communities that could prove beneficial to others. I'm just trying to help people. That's obviously not welcomed here so I'll leave it at that.

Umm... does this mean you don't know any hippie chicks? :sad2:

I wish you good fortune in your endeavors, too.

For those who may not be aware, it's actually possible to join and be active participants in multiple online communities! I know; shocking right? I know for some that might be hard to comprehend but it's true!
Oh you don't have to tell folks here about that. We have so many "super secret squirrel" sites these members use, some can't even be mentioned by name, only by color...

This site was one of half a dozen plus I listed as valuable resources for people to join, use, and reference. I don't pretend to offer everything for everyone openly share communities that could prove beneficial to others. I'm just trying to help people. That's obviously not welcomed here so I'll leave it at that.
If you truly want to help people, stick around. Non-Texans need all the help they can get, and that's why this site does so well. We are a large community that can easily parse into subsections when needed.
Your post being edited had nothing to do with "not welcoming help". It had to do with protecting the site's interests, and nothing more.
We have lots of members that promote their own stuff, including websites. But they generally form some sort of reliable presence first, build rapport. You just slapped us across the face with your links like you're the new hot stuff we should all flock to. That's not a good first impression.

Like I said, if you want to help people, stick around, contribute. If you are a good and knowledgeable representation of what the rest of your personal site offers, you will naturally draw some traffic. Be content with that.
Or, take your ball and go home.
Up to you.

first it starts off by people poaching members then they start using the secret handshake - before you know it you are offering slippy a back rub to sell his pikes on your site and making passes at our women folk..

I say NO SIR to poaching, be a member here and do like everybody else does.. use the regional threads to make contacts and the private message tool to plot an overthrow of the forums leadership
Remember MM, we don't initiate the plan to take over till we find out where @Denton hid the keys to the executive liquor cabinet and we still need someone to find a goat and some rubber-bands so we can distract the Squatch. Ohhhh, and for Pete's sake, will somebody get @A Watchman his Hippy Chicks! :devil:

Remember MM, we don't initiate the plan to take over till we find out where @Denton hid the keys to the executive liquor cabinet and we still need someone to find a goat and some rubber-bands so we can distract the Squatch. Ohhhh, and for Pete's sake, will somebody get @A Watchman his Hippy Chicks! :devil:
@A Watchman isn't as young as he once was. A couple of frisky hippie chicks would probably kill hm!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.