Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sink holes in luisiana

the brine salt mines have been filled with gasses and all sorts of waste to keep them from collapsing-
getting scary down there in a hurry!

getting bigger and more "troublesome"
tremmors, natural gasses seeping out radio activity above okay levels (lol radio active has an okay level.lol)
not even making the news. are you ready in louisianna?

Sinkhole: Radioactivity at 5,900 picocuries per kilogram from uranium and thorium floating on surface, about double background - "Much higher levels of radiation" down deeper - Residents' frustration growing (VIDEO)

Quote:

Boston Chemical Data received a sample of surface material from the Bayou Corne sinkhole collected on September 18, 2012. On arrival, a portion of the sample was analyzed for radiation using an alpha and beta radiation counter, and a gamma spectrometer (Oil and gas production often concentrates naturally occurring radioactive material). [Note from ENE: Radioactive waste was also pumped into the salt cavern. See Louisiana Sinkhole: Radioactive waste in cavern may have exceeded radiation limits -- Up to 20 cubic feet pumped inside]
[...]
The gamma spectral results found 5.9 picoCuries per gram [5,900 picocuries per kilogram] of radioactive decay products of naturally-occurring uranium and thorium. Testing of total alpha and total beta radiation showed that these were at levels about twice the natural background.
[...]
The State of Louisiana found much higher levels of radiation in deeper parts of the sink hole than the place where we received our surface sample. There is enough radiation present to show that natural underground radioactive material has been concentrated in the sink hole. Even though the diesel hydrocarbons are currently the greater hazard, radiation testing should continue.

Chemist: Dangerously elevated hydrocarbons in sinkhole sludge - Levels may be in flammable range

Quote:

On September 8, 2012, DEQ sampled the sludge material floating on the surface of the sink hole. The material consisted of 48.1 % Diesel Range Organics and 15% Oil Range Organics.
[...]
State of Louisiana data shows that hydrocarbons in the sink hole sludge are dangerously elevated, while radiation levels exceeded background by only a small amount. Based on this limited testing, this sinkhole sludge is a hazard because of the presence of the diesel fuel, which can contaminate air and groundwater. Hydrocarbon levels may also be in the flammable range.

Now, they have natural gas coming up everywhere.

Sinkhole: "Gas is coming out of the ground everywhere… a massive amount" - Only 7 seconds of new flyover footage (VIDEO)

Quote:

Locals are reporting more gas bubbles in Grand Bayou.
Officials at the Assumption Parish Police Jury said Tuesday a small bubble site was discovered near a massive sinkhole in Assumption Parish. Residents have been reporting other gas bubbles and tremors in the area for months.
[...]
Last Friday, the two workers nearly fell into the sinkhole and cleanup activities were suspended. The parish has asked Texas Brine to provide a plan for future cleanup activities.

darn thing just keeps growing.

Assumption Parish Police Jury - YouTube

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
my friend sherri from the bike site watches this closely and presses it on the bike site and i thought itd be a great prepper discussion.
and maybe we got some eyes or guys in the area... are they briefing you?growing 20 ft a day... close to the butane caverns. doesnt make the news,

what about chain reaction to our other oil and gas pipelines?
even twenty miles a way from this may not be safe enough...
be on high alert and prepared to bug out in LA

Google bayou corne sinkhole

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
my friend sherri from the bike site watches this closely and presses it on the bike site and i thought itd be a great prepper discussion.
and maybe we got some eyes or guys in the area... are they briefing you?growing 20 ft a day... close to the butane caverns. doesnt make the news,

what about chain reaction to our other oil and gas pipelines?
even twenty miles a way from this may not be safe enough...
be on high alert and prepared to bug out in LA

Google bayou corne sinkhole
Stupid me, I was thinking City of Angels,not the VooDoo place

·
Registered
296 Posts
My best friend lives not far from there at all been begging him to move up to Colorado. But when I asked him about it he had no clue he said they only said a "sink hole" and thats it. He was really mind boggled when I read certain things and the above posts to him! Apparently where he is they are just playing it down as much as possible. . .

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
of course they are. welcome to fracking. and putting all this under peoples lands. I really do think theres a lot of money to be made and we can be nice to the earth. we have to push forward to find other ways to find power. fracking and stowing bad stuff under ground is not an answer, is there an answer to this?? run like a mofo. its bad. the damn sink hole is bad. its just a matter of time before there is a something spetacular/sad in the south going down.

·
Registered
24,260 Posts
My best friend lives not far from there at all been begging him to move up to Colorado. But when I asked him about it he had no clue he said they only said a "sink hole" and thats it. He was really mind boggled when I read certain things and the above posts to him! Apparently where he is they are just playing it down as much as possible. . .
Go to the Rockies? Are ya daft, man? Have you not heard what is pressurizing out there in Yellowstone and how much is going to get obliterated when it blows? Nawsir, not a good way to go. Personally, I suggest Alabama. We gots woods, beer and guns.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Go to the Rockies? Are ya daft, man? Have you not heard what is pressurizing out there in Yellowstone and how much is going to get obliterated when it blows? Nawsir, not a good way to go. Personally, I suggest Alabama. We gots woods, beer and guns.
Agreed, I'm just north in Georgia, and this is definitely the place to be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Aye but if you're thinking of the super volcano then anything nearby and anything east is pretty much toast aren't they? Well if you believe half of what they say about that gongshow then we're all screwed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Shit if yellowstone goes the whole earth is done from the dust blanket enough so I would just rather die in the initial blast . . . I was born and raised here and HOPE TO GOD that I get to die here eventually . . .

Medelwr "They say" that the initial blast will only be a 500 mile radius which I am outside of but the ash cloud alone will be un-escapable

·
Registered
24,260 Posts
Woods beer and guns are some of my favorite but mountains trump them all day and not to be offensive to anyone but I mean REAL mountains over 10k feet
I hear ya, mad Irishman. I saw the object of your love affair when I was a truck driver. No doubt, beautiful.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh man, please guys in that area be on gaurd. thank you denton. so i get called a tree hugger for this. no im a life hugger. this involves people, thier children. people who own the land but the underneath is all drilled out and festering with contaminants.
thanks denton for posting this!

·
Registered
212 Posts
of course they are. welcome to fracking. and putting all this under peoples lands. I really do think theres a lot of money to be made and we can be nice to the earth. we have to push forward to find other ways to find power. fracking and stowing bad stuff under ground is not an answer, is there an answer to this?? run like a mofo. its bad. the damn sink hole is bad. its just a matter of time before there is a something spetacular/sad in the south going down.
Might just be looking at another Centralia, Pennsylvania or Gilman, Colorado.
I hope the udergroud water does NOT go on like the undergroud caves in Mexico.
No biggie the government will just revoke their zipcode as all the others. Life will just go on unnoticed as usual.

They will just sweep these pictures off the net too.
in one days time
bhopal.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
Speaking of radiation I found a site that displays reading from around the country also there is a button at the top of the page for different parts of the world. I found it odd that the average reading across the states varies from the 20's to 40 or so. Alarms are triggered at readings of 100. If you click on Japan there are only two readings and they are lower than ours, 11 and 15 last I checked.
http://www.radiationnetwork.com/index.htm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts