Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me the day traders have established a $20 upper threshold.

This tells me that we have seen the bottom and it will take a big INVESTOR buying at larger than average volume to take silver through $20 and up.

Given I think the big individuals have allocated their PM percentage of portfolio we could be in for a long wait.

So that leaves us little buyers. It does not appear collectively we have the buying power to bust the $20 threshold. Why? Because too many joined us expecting a collapse next week. They are sellers. They watch; see the move to $20 and drop. The next time that occurs they sell. Which results in the price retreating again.

My opinionated point is the bottom has come and gone. Under $20 is the new bottom. Buy but expect to hold. The under $20 price for silver might last three years.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
At $20ish I will probably add some, but $10 would not shock me in the next 12/24 months. I just don't like good / silver as investments because the evidence of their manipulation is too real to ignore. And since I'm not an insider to the games being played I dont have enough to risk as an investment. Silver to me is a great hedge on debt, a decent wealth preservation tool for crisis and a solid likelihood to be a tool of barter in a SHTF crisis. I own it for those reasons not investments. I'm about evenly split between 1 oz Canadian coins and pre 64 silver US coins.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it will always seem the big boys are manipulating prices. Between buying long, selling short, options no up tic rule and computer trading algorithms it is hard to know what is being done legally and illegally.

In my opinion their risk is high because it all boils down to supply and demand. The farther anyone gets from that the more likely they will get caught with their pants down.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Also, economic indicators do impact gold / silver. People like us buy to have it for wealth preservation in case of a depression or worse. I think the 09-12 spike was in fact due - a lot - to economic shortcomings and inflationary pressures. We're not over 09-12 yet even if the media tells us we are, if there was a market crash (which is sky high right now) it could cause some to rush back in and push gold/silver up again. My perception is, though, if the market crashed it would take gold/silver down with it.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I purchased 1000 ounces of Canadian maple leaf silvers when the spot price was $19.50 (coin price was about $22)

OMG in the last 3 weeks the spot price has risen to almost $24

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, nothing is wrong, we are all fine.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Note both the silver and gold prices popped at 10:00 AM today.

That is a big boy. Why to day did he come out to play?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
sorry if you said "stock price" and "silver" in the same sentence then we need to talk.

A "stock price' i.e. ETF is not holding anything, I am talking physical silver in my possession

In which case I've made 20% in the last 2 weeks

Annualized that is.... crap.... Not even doable.

My point is get physical and dump paper as fast as you can....

I can link to this in another 4 weeks and say SEEE YOUR FRREEKING BASTARDS YOU SHOULD HAVE LISENED

haha

Reactions: StarPD45

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I collect silver coins. I always pay a premium. I expect my grand children to send their grandchildren to college with them. So I do not chase the PM market.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But since I started this discussion, my take is there will likely be a pull back Tuesday. Mondays are the day everyone jumps on the band wagon. Tuesdays the professionals take profits.

So if I were in the silver market I would buy at the next pullback.

Sooner or later silver is going higher.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I use dollar cost averaging and buy (small) amount of PMs each month. It's for the long term.
As I post this, silver is at $24.52.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I think you were thwarted by the press release on our pending military actions in Syria. You know we have to tell the world before we actually blow something up.

But since I started this discussion, my take is there will likely be a pull back Tuesday. Mondays are the day everyone jumps on the band wagon. Tuesdays the professionals take profits.

So if I were in the silver market I would buy at the next pullback.

Sooner or later silver is going higher.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I collect silver coins. I always pay a premium. I expect my grand children to send their grandchildren to college with them. So I do not chase the PM market.
I totally agree with you, PM's are for out children not for us

·
Registered
81 Posts
sliver is a good investment rite now, at $24 an ounce "current price" and it usually hovers around $32 an ounce. maxed out around $50 an ounce about 10yrs ago. That's doubling your investment, the only thing to stand the test of time for $ are precious metals and real estate.

·
Registered
303 Posts
sliver is a good investment rite now, at $24 an ounce "current price" and it usually hovers around $32 an ounce. maxed out around $50 an ounce about 10yrs ago. That's doubling your investment, the only thing to stand the test of time for $ are precious metals and real estate.
No comment on your post. I am just curious, and slightly afraid, to ask what's the story behind your screen name...:)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The average price of silver from Jan '85 thru dec 09 was below $10. It is an untrue statement to say silver "usually hovers around $32."

Silver is a good commodity for storing value. But you must chose. Take physical possession and you pay a premium for getting in and out of your silver investment.

Let someone else hold your silver and it is in the hands of someone that may or may not have the silver to back up all the silver holders on its books.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts