Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
just sold some 10oz bars @ $30.19.. got $302.40 each for them since they paying over spot!
I've been wondering, how is selling to JM Bullion? I haven't purchased from them, but I do have an account...

How is the process, and how is it to ship back to them? Do you get some weird investment or tax documents if selling maybe 80oz worth?

I have a ton of coin... I was waiting for $34, or maybe 40 he he :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I've been wondering, how is selling to JM Bullion? I haven't purchased from them, but I do have an account...

How is the process, and how is it to ship back to them? Do you get some weird investment or tax documents if selling maybe 80oz worth?

I have a ton of coin... I was waiting for $34, or maybe 40 he he :)
once you are in their system as a seller, you can do it all online. you browse through the products they are buying and click on yours that matches. their buyback price is listed and you confirm and they give you a purchase invoice. you can then either print their shipping label or do your own. ship it to them and they put the money into your linked account. no forms/paperwork... nothing.. simple and easy! may take several transactions to become their "approved" customer. I do lots of little transactions and use the profits to simply purchase more metals...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, go Average Joe - good for you! On the other, if this stuff continues to spread and destabilize the markets this year could make 2020 look like the "good ole days" ... I am concerned about an economic collapse our country cannot handle in the wake of 2020.
"Just rest your head. You worry too much. It's gonna be alright. When times get tough, you can fall back on us. Don't give up, please don't give up." Or so Peter Gabriel says.....

"I'm gonna walk out of here, I can't take anymore. Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my hands down below. And whatever may come, and whatever may go...that river flows, that river is flowing...."

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Silver future is up 10% at that a time. Golly. Wonder why.
Up 10% buy buy all you can. Nope not going near any of this. More to than it may seem.
Anyone remember the Hunt brothers and silver always someone up to something.

Reactions: stowlin

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
This caught my attention: full disclosure I own an abundance of PSLV and some in hand silver. I have always kept my portfolio at between 2-4% in this ETF has a hedge and was rewarded by doing that this year. I added to it in March and sold some in August. I still have 2.5% of my port in PSLV.

The Reddit phenom is popular as it hurts big institutions and is by the little guy. Phenom in that they are doing the same thing some institutions have done to us all over the years. Now they are the hero’s for doing exactly what the villains have done in the past. I never thought nor think that would work with silver. Silver ETFs were on the radar of Reddit gangs due to hi volume of short positions (prove that I dare you) and the known fact most ETFs have about one ounce of silver for every 100 ounces it represents. This is well known and seems to bother some people. These people don’t realize why that is a good thing. In the blogosphere in the past people suggested you should be able to trade your SLV or PSLV for hard in hand coins which is silly stupid. Imagine the burden of doing that for a share of stock which transactions $10 million to $25 million daily! Stupid to imagine they’d hold the bullion for that, and as Joey would say: “ come on man”

Reddit folks would and I believe have been wise in avoiding driving the silver up unless they are doing so to short it themselves knowing the 1/100 ratio is real and it just bothers people that don’t know better.

Someone posted silver ought to be a $1,000 an ounce and it will be one day when a $1,000 buys you 8 gallons of gasoline and a hundred rounds of 45 acp. Until then our currency is still worth more.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
And it was $17 a few months ago.

I was talking about today’s market vs. Friday.

·
Registered
943 Posts
My silver is all pre-1964 silver dollars, halves and quarters. I'll hang on to it.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
And it was $17 a few months ago.

I was talking about today's market vs. Friday.
I just meant they started dumping into silver last thursday-friday, I noticed it the 28th when it was up a ton and gold was down.. it's gone up almost 20% in the last 6 days while gold remained largely stationary.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
eventually some of these people buying physical silver will look to liquidate it.... and that's when I plan to be a buyer, at least near the bottom.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well, I went into my local coin shop. They called me to tell me a 1oz krugerrand just came in, and they held onto it for me. I snagged it for $2000 otd. Which is not a bad premium, after tax.

They know I'm stacking silver, so he rolls out a tube of silv buffaloes, which are selling for $33-$34/oz on JM Bullion... I negotiate a deal at $30/oz for the 20 coins... I've been watching a lot of analysis videos, and there's a consensus that there not much supply left, and that people are just holding right now. But demand is still high in the industrial sector.. eventually there needs to be enough silv in the market to back all the silver notes in play, and without anyone selling in bulk (just the opposite), the prices need to go up.. the gist is that before people will release their silver holdings, prices need to go up a lot... I've heard fantastical estimates of $500+ per Oz, but I don't think any of us believe that will happen... but they seem to think that $100/oz is very plausible... I mean, BTC has climbed 5x in less than a year... who knows.

Here's my haul...

Finger Currency Automotive lighting Nickel Money

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I am still waiting for the premiums to come back to normal... $5/oz premium is not going to get my money (really their money since I sold it to them @ 30.19/oz)

let that price drop to 23-25 and regular 2-3 dollar premiums and I will slip right back in!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I just snagged 60oz at a $4.50 premium. I had extra cash sitting around and wanted to convert it to PMs.

What are people’s thoughts? Seems like prices have been steady in the 25/26 realm… that’s with all the inflation talk….

I really like the coin on the right.. might be the last tube of silver I will part with..

·
Registered
11,980 Posts
I just snagged 60oz at a $4.50 premium. I had extra cash sitting around and wanted to convert it to PMs.

What are people’s thoughts? Seems like prices have been steady in the 25/26 realm… that’s with all the inflation talk….

I really like the coin on the right.. might be the last tube of silver I will part with..

View attachment 113832

I have the "Don't tread on me" coin also. Good choice!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts