Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up 3 (so far) silver bars to add to my collection. This puts me over 15 pounds of silver total. I buy Coins, Junk and 10oz bars only. I dont pay much attention to the design I grab whatever is cheapest on that particular day for the 10oz size that I want.

I stack mainly Silver and Gold with a little Platinum and Palladium thrown in.

Rectangle Grey Nickel Font Silver
Rectangle Font Metal Tin Number
Rectangle Font Nickel Metal Fashion accessory

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the us and the g7 banning Russian gold what will that do to the price of gold?
Hardly anything. Russia is not a major player in the selling of gold however at least until the sanctions kicked in they were major buyers knowing that they would get hit with sanctions after the invasion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I get the concept that someone might accept silver or gold in the event the almighty dollar fails. Especially if you were traveling and had needs along the way that you could not take with you.

For me I have no interest in accepting silver or gold in trade for anything I have that someone else needs. I'd rather barter what I have for what I might need or be low on. I'd put the value of most of that silver into long term preps. But that's just me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get the concept that someone might accept silver or gold in the event the almighty dollar fails. Especially if you were traveling and had needs along the way that you could not take with you.

For me I have no interest in accepting silver or gold in trade for anything I have that someone else needs. I'd rather barter what I have for what I might need or be low on. I'd put the value of most of that silver into long term preps. But that's just me.
To each his or her own. I suppose after thousands of years silver and gold may become worthless one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts