Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road.jpg

...Gubmint collapse type scenario, SHTF, you're mobile (vehicle) and traveling down a side-road (freeways are useless) to your Bug Out Location where much of your supplies are. You suddenly come across someone lying motionless on the road in front of you. You're armed with your rifle/sidearm/shotgun.

What do you do? Go around the prone person or stop to investigate further? Daytime. Lightly forested rural road.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
View attachment 4576

...Gubmint collapse type scenario, SHTF, you're mobile (vehicle) and traveling down a side-road (freeways are useless) to your Bug Out Location where much of your supplies are. You suddenly come across someone lying motionless on the road in front of you. You're armed with your rifle/sidearm/shotgun.

What do you do? Go around the prone person or stop to investigate further? Daytime. Lightly forested rural road.
In all honesty, if you're alone, under those circumstances, do not stop. Use comms to summon help or get to your AO and go back with reinforcements.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
speed up

Reactions: oldmurph58

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I would have to have a full up team to even consider stopping, and even then it would likely be something we talked about later on if we should have stopped.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yup, I would gun my Jeep and odds are they would move. If not, I would go around MAYBE and call for help if possible. I am ALL for helping people but not about to get taken advantage of.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Going around would be my first thought but I would look closely at the road to look for disturbances that might be booby traps. I would likely go over them and keep on going.

They are either already dying or they are trying to kill you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Consider the possiblilites:

1. Trap
2. Dead person
3. An innocent who is incapacitated somehow

Two out of three says get the hell out of there!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I would go around if possible, at speed. If I can't go around, try to go back. I'd be afraid of ambush, even if you try to power through. Doesn't sound like a good scenario. I would have a hard time, if it was a kid, to just pass by.

·
Super Moderator
2,896 Posts
Hope your shocks can take the bump and you have water where your going to wash off the wheels.

Speed up.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I would go around if possible, at speed. If I can't go around, try to go back. I'd be afraid of ambush, even if you try to power through. Doesn't sound like a good scenario. I would have a hard time, if it was a kid, to just pass by.
I have seen plenty of evil kids in my travels.. It would just be a smaller bump!!

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
A person lying alone, nothing else around, no one else visible. Sounds like an ambush to me. If I couldn't turn around then I would speed ahead with my head held low.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All around great and very interesting and varied answers gentlemen.

Resist, Ord, I've heard a lot of what you're talking about: just going right through.

Paul S - Don't feel bad, I've posted this scenario in a couple other groups as well and many have said the same thing; just to run the figure over. Seems to be more prevalent than many people think.

Slippy - In all honesty, if I were alone, I'd probably cautiously drive closer to the figure while eyeing the surroundings for possible kill zone angles and movement from the foliage/trees. Might poke the figure to see if it's someone in need. No reaction, continue on.

Now if I were with family, I really don't know...would probably go around since my family is more important than anything, but man would I feel bad later that it might have been someone who needed assistance and I decided not to investigate further, you know?

--Ian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts