Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I left Los Angeles when my company sold. Im now in Phoenix- the chandler area. Im in a temp rental in scottsdale right now.
Hoping to hook up with area preppers. 1 is none 2 is one. Im trained, well appointed with sundries and would be an asset for meet up.
so so hey to me- Lets meet up :) Brandi

·
Registered
160 Posts
Meant the move not the locale.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
Good to see you. You probably moved out of the fire and maybe back to the pan (pun intended). Getting out of California is a good move.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The good news is that you are a couple of hours drive from more hospitable parts of AZ if necessary. I lived in the White Mountains region for awhile, and I really enjoyed it. Will likely retire back to there in a few years, if AZ does not continue it's decline into Californiaesque horse-poop. ( shouldn't compare the decline to horse-poop. Horse-poop is very useful. Liberalism is not.)

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you invest a few hours of your free time to get a ham radio license, if you don't have one already, you can hook up with the EAARS network and be in contact with a lot of like minded people. (EAARS isn't a prepper group, it's just one of the networks preppers in your area use to stay in touch with each other).

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to see you. You probably moved out of the fire and maybe back to the pan (pun intended). Getting out of California is a good move.
hahaha and the first thing i did was throw my back out playing with my new grenade launcher. grenades are only about 10 bux each. anything worth shooting at once is worth shooting at 400 times. so i popped on that deal hahahah. We also learned to set up trip wires so i bought the components to use with shot gun shells. Ammo is something i plenty of. One of my friends work buddies has a lot of knowledge he's former russian military. we went into the desert and traded brain stuff. i did more listening than talking on this day.

·
Administrator
14,707 Posts
Welcome back, Brandi.
Good to see you posting again.

·
Administrator
14,707 Posts
By the way, guys, you newcomers may have not met this lady yet, but she’s the real deal.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Guys I left Los Angeles when my company sold. Im now in Phoenix- the chandler area. Im in a temp rental in scottsdale right now.
Hoping to hook up with area preppers. 1 is none 2 is one. Im trained, well appointed with sundries and would be an asset for meet up.
I left the Lost Angeles (fallen angels) area back in the late 90s. It was too liberal even THEN. I couldn't imagine living in that cesspool now. I ended up in the southern Utah area and am pretty happy so far. However, I'm noticing a spiked growth in the area and I'm afraid there's going to be an influx of Libtards. I hope not!!

Anyway, glad you got out safe and sound. Good fortune with your new endeavor!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I lived in Phoenix over 30 years ago. Interesting place back then. Not sure how it is now.
I lived there for almost three years. I do like the desert atmosphere but it was a bit too big back when I lived there in the late 70s, early 80s. I actually had the opportunity to move to Mesa a couple of years ago to take a pretty lucrative job but I've spent most of my life trying to LEAVE big cities (L.A., Phoenix, Denver, New York, Chicago, etc.). The goal? A small cabin in a secluded forest.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,023 Posts
I dont know about that as phoenix is the 4th largest metropolitan area and me and a friend could take out water supply with a 10/22. the weather being extreme doesnt lend it self to easy survival. I do need a group though :)
Welcome back,

The Phoenix metro is a big improvement over the LA metro, but nowadays, I don't know if that is saying much. I live in Saint Petersburg Florida, which is so much better than living in Miami.

I don't know what is going to happen under Biden and his consiglieri, but it is ominous in my mind.

And the metro population is about 3,000,000 here. There are more than enough thugs that can be turned into brown shirts. And I think that is going to happen, brown shirts I mean.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for your responses. Unfortunately my Job is big cities. Im hoping in a few yrs to do something else. I do multifamily housing development and management. I stepped out of executive role for this move just to get set up. I wont do an elaborate set up that im known for. my guns and ammo will still have their own room and my medical and food and other prepps in another combined with home gym. I'll buy somewhat cheap furniture, but I'll still maintain my swagger and style to some degree. this way I can toss and go ifn the heat isnt for me. I wanted to go to boise but the income just wasnt there for me. Even this was 80k a yr pay cut. Back to reality for a little while. I dont feel like im missing anything right now.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Shot lady!

Good to hear you worked your plan! Congrats!

Keep shootin'

Slippy! :vs_wave:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts