Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all =)

I want to tell how the shooting in switzerland looks like.

Every Soldier must shoot this with his personal Weapon every year.
Civil people get free Ammo and can shoot it for joy =)

This is swiss law and if you dont go you must pay (I forgot it one year and payed 250 Swiss Franks) or go to jail ^^

This program is that every soldier shoot his Gun every year and look that it shoots good.

In switzerland we have a special kind of army, every swiss man must go after his first greater school to a mental and physik test to look that he is good to be a soldier.
After this tests you go 18 or 21 weeks to learn the basics to be a soldier and after this you go 5 Weeks to learn the specialities like medic, tankdriver and so.

After this you get your armymaterial and your weapon home and go every year in a WK, this are 4 or 3 weeks every year to refresh the basics.

That you make every year till you have 300 days on army (for soldiers, officiers have 600).

This is the programm

5 Shots singel loadet, every shot 60 seconds
5 Shots all loadet, all in 50 Seconds
5 Shots all loadet, all in 40 Seconds
5 Shots all loadet, all in 30 Seconds

Maximum are 200 points, if you have 175 and more you become a certificate.

If the Soldier want to take his weapon home after his service, he pay 100 Dollar and get his gun (Half auto) at home.

14832621ua.jpg

The shooting clubs are civil and becomme money for this army shootings every year, and the can shoot cheaper surplus ammo the whole year.
But you must shoot with swiss military rifels, if you want to shoot others (like my ak) you must go on special shooting ranges.

14832622za.jpg

14832629mq.jpg

14832630ds.jpg

14832624ln.jpg

Greetings from switzerland
Sorry for my bad english ^^

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Thank you for sharing this, It is very interesting to see how regulated the requirements are. Your English is better than my German, French, Italian, and Romansh. Here in Ionia county Michigan, my wife, daughters and I qualify with our fire arms off the back deck of our house, we shoot targets in the woods and dead tree stumps. Every year around this time you here shooting around the area frequently as every one starts practicing for hunting season.

A couple of questions,

Do you have to shoot your weapons at a range?
Can you go out in the mountains or forest areas and shoot with out being at a range?
Do you have hunting seasons where you can persue game in the mountains and forest lands.
Are there regulations on what type of firearm you can use for specific game, here in the lower part of Michigan we can only use shot guns to hunt dear, in the northern part of Michigan you can use a rifle.
Are there limits on how may fire arms you can own?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hy Alerego

No problem =)

Yes we must shoot on ranges, or if you have own land you must be secure that no bullet can escape and harm anybody.
The problem is that land is very expensive here and the noise of shooting dont have to stress your nighbours, so you must go underground or have a lot of money...

We have Hunters, but this is a realy expensive hobby and you need a lot of time.
You must make a school for this, you must lease or own a Forest (lot of money) and you must look on the forest all the time...
The special regulations on what of kind arms you can use on hunt i dont know, sorry.

In Switzerland when you want to buy a gun, you go go to a Post office and order a criminal act from you for 20dollar
After a week you have it and send the weaponbuy Formular to the regional Weaponsoffice with your criminal act, they look that you can buy weapons
(No crimes and you must have a living licence for switzerland. And citizen of former yugoslavia and a lot of other countrys cant own weapons)

Then you becomme a Buylicence for 50dollar and you can buy 3 weapons or main weaponparts.
Prohibited are Full Autos (And former Full Autos without the swiss service rifles) and a lot of Ammo (Hollowpoint for pistols, Burning, Expolosiv und Armor Piercing)

You can own so mutch weapons how you want and can pay, we have no regulations.
If you own 10 weapons and more you can order a special permit to own full auto weapons, but then the police come a few times to you and controll all your weapons.
You need 150dollar for a permit and 150dollar for one day and person for shooting a full auto weapon...

Greetings from switzerland
Peppi

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Thanks for letting us know how it is in your country. I knew a lot of European countries military service, or at least government service is required for all able bodied men. I personally think our country would be better off if we has similar laws.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very interesting post. Thank you for sharing. Question: what is the Swiss military currently using for its issue rifle and sidearm, and are those who originally qualified with older issue weapons that are no longer in circulation allowed to use them for reserve duty, or are they required to retrain with the newer issue weapons? Thank you in advance for your reply, and welcome to prepperforums.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Awesome that you shared that with us, very interesting. Thanks, and we will be questioning you alot....Glad your here..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thx at all =)

@ nechaev

When the army introduced a new weapon type, the still active soldiers will be retrained on the new weapon and becomme this for his duty.
But they can only take their old weapon in their personal ownment when he finishes
A certain number of the old weapons will certainly be storaged, and the swiss have a lot of guns at home...
Better is that a lot of swiss man can shoot very good

Curently we have diferent types of arms

The standard swiss Assault Rifle is the SIG 550 (Sturmgewehr 90)

13577258qb.jpg

Here is a detailed Wikipedia post SIG SG 550 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love my Rifle, its very accurate, smooth trigger, easy to clean, and reliable. Never i have seen a malfunktion or a demage on the weapon.
Its more a sport rifle, i can shoot laid on bipod on 330yard a target that have 3-4 zoll with no problem (standard sight)

The old AR is the Sig510 (Sturmgewehr 57) (No longer in use)

14771307sd.jpg

SIG SG 510 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This gun you cant destroy on normal conditions, its realy heavy (a pain to shoot long time on standing ;) ).
But if you have a good gun its accurater then the Sig550

It use cartriges that are like the 308 win. but a littel bit longer.

The standard Pistol of the army is the Sig220 (Pistole 75)

13577331og.jpg

SIG Sauer P220 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good pistol, but not so accurate like the Sig 210

The old Pistol of the Army is the Sig210 (Pistole 49) (No longer in use)

SIG P210 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The accuratest pistole i ever shot, i love it =)
But its to expensive for me in the moment, i want more big toys ^^

Aaaaaaand the new Toys of the Army

The Sig 553 Long Barel

Swiss_Arms_SG_553_Left.jpg
(Not my Foto, its from Wikipedia)

This gun is used by the swiss and german special forces, its the short Sig550 with picantiny rail and its realy accurate.
The swiss use it with 30 round mags and a Trijicon AOCG or a Aimpoint.
And no the soldiers cant take it home ^^ Its *Korpmaterial*, the soldier get a SIG550 and get this rifels only for duty and give it back the same with the SP2022

The Sig SP 2022 Pistol (Pistole 03)

SIG Sauer Pro series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This gun is in use by the military police, but i hear not a lot good about this.

The army use a lot of other guns like Sniperrifles, Light maschine guns, Pump Guns (i think mossberg) and all the other things that make fun, but this are not personal weapons.

Greetings from Switzerland
Peppicorps

·
Registered
921 Posts
As I said on his other post. They have a lot of guns that we can't get. Of course, I guess it works the other way too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thx at all =)

@ nechaev

When the army introduced a new weapon type, the still active soldiers will be retrained on the new weapon and becomme this for his duty.
But they can only take their old weapon in their personal ownment when he finishes
A certain number of the old weapons will certainly be storaged, and the swiss have a lot of guns at home...
Better is that a lot of swiss man can shoot very good

Curently we have diferent types of arms

The standard swiss Assault Rifle is the SIG 550 (Sturmgewehr 90)

View attachment 2593

Here is a detailed Wikipedia post SIG SG 550 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love my Rifle, its very accurate, smooth trigger, easy to clean, and reliable. Never i have seen a malfunktion or a demage on the weapon.
Its more a sport rifle, i can shoot laid on bipod on 330yard a target that have 3-4 zoll with no problem (standard sight)

The old AR is the Sig510 (Sturmgewehr 57) (No longer in use)

View attachment 2594

SIG SG 510 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This gun you cant destroy on normal conditions, its realy heavy (a pain to shoot long time on standing ;) ).
But if you have a good gun its accurater then the Sig550

It use cartriges that are like the 308 win. but a littel bit longer.

The standard Pistol of the army is the Sig220 (Pistole 75)

View attachment 2595

SIG Sauer P220 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good pistol, but not so accurate like the Sig 210

The old Pistol of the Army is the Sig210 (Pistole 49) (No longer in use)

SIG P210 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The accuratest pistole i ever shot, i love it =)
But its to expensive for me in the moment, i want more big toys ^^

Aaaaaaand the new Toys of the Army

The Sig 553 Long Barel

View attachment 2596
(Not my Foto, its from Wikipedia)

This gun is used by the swiss and german special forces, its the short Sig550 with picantiny rail and its realy accurate.
The swiss use it with 30 round mags and a Trijicon AOCG or a Aimpoint.
And no the soldiers cant take it home ^^ Its *Korpmaterial*, the soldier get a SIG550 and get this rifels only for duty and give it back the same with the SP2022

The Sig SP 2022 Pistol (Pistole 03)

SIG Sauer Pro series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This gun is in use by the military police, but i hear not a lot good about this.

The army use a lot of other guns like Sniperrifles, Light maschine guns, Pump Guns (i think mossberg) and all the other things that make fun, but this are not personal weapons.

Peppicorps
Awesome. Thanks for the information. I have always wanted a Sig p210. I have heard that it is literally the best manufactured 9x19 in existence, and its price tag reflects its quality.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ StarPD

Here in Switzerland it works realy good with this system...
We have a lot of guns but no so mutch Criminality, every 2-3 years you have a homcide with LEGAL weapons in the Media and a few Suicides.
The most Homocides and Suicedes Happens with not legal weapons, knives, drugs and other stuff...

The Green/Good Person Mafia says that every homocide or suicide with Legal weapons is one to mutch...
But with no leagel weapons they will take other things...

@ nechaev

No Problem =)
The Sig 210 is the best Pistol i ever shoot for targets, its very accurate and the trigger is a dream.
In switzerland you pay 1300-1400dollar for a good shooting old 210

Peppi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts