Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currentley stationed overseas in Germany. I can't find any laws forbidding/regarding (Saying yay or nay)shipping magazines and scopes from APOs thru USPS back to the US. I went thru the whole USPS regulation, but it only references firearms. I know the action is the restricted item because that makes up the firearm. But someone told me it was illegal to ship components of firearms as well. I talked to the local USPS manager and he said no problems to ship it at the moment. So has any one heard of a new law or regulation saying components can't be shipped from over-seas? I know as long as your not a NY resident, Cabelas, Sportsman Lodge and numerous other state side shops will send them. I just want to make sure I'm legal and squash any false rumors so I'd thought I'd ask my fellow Preppers!!! Any assistance is much apreciated.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
You could run into some import ban issue however if you ship from a US military APO you should be fine. They have all the regs for you.
Only takes a few minutes and they will give you the information up to date you need.
Not saying any would try to but this would not be a good time to mail home any spare Mags you may have that you can not prove you purchased.
Military life is different it maybe 100% legal to do something but if they have a regulation saying other wise you will pay.
Years ago I shipped an RPG site home declared it 100% good to go, but at the same time it was against regulation to send one peace of a wood stock.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't seem to find anything that say it's illegal so thanks for your assistance guys!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
There are some states it's prob an issue. In California you can't ship them in, but you can ship in all the parts (even in the same package) but you should label the package as parts. We buy all the parts a lot here, then put them together. Legal for now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Branflake, I put them in the mail last Thursday. They were sent priority mail thru USPS. Let me know when you get them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts