Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, all B.S. ing aside, my fiance just called crying over her work insurance.
backstory- single mother, one dependant(under 18), no insurance from dads military retirement? is that possible?
raising two other children (sisters kids).
does get about 100 month food stamps and does get help with day care.
No insurance at work currently, new enrollement is about 40 dollars every two weeks, for just her, about $166 for her with family.
She is literally pulling her hair out, and has me wanting to pull mine out.
What is the penalty for not having insurance?
i just got her a bunch of phone numbers, but she is so frustrtated she is crying.
I cant call these numbers and explain her situation, and she is so dead set against "help" that she feels like she is asking for a handout just to make sence of this B.s.
Anybody here experienced in this? please feel free to respond or pm me. Donnie

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
Ok, all B.S. ing aside, my fiance just called crying over her work insurance.
backstory- single mother, one dependant(under 18), no insurance from dads military retirement? is that possible?
raising two other children (sisters kids).
does get about 100 month food stamps and does get help with day care.
No insurance at work currently, new enrollement is about 40 dollars every two weeks, for just her, about $166 for her with family.
She is literally pulling her hair out, and has me wanting to pull mine out.
What is the penalty for not having insurance?
i just got her a bunch of phone numbers, but she is so frustrtated she is crying.
I cant call these numbers and explain her situation, and she is so dead set against "help" that she feels like she is asking for a handout just to make sence of this B.s.
Anybody here experienced in this? please feel free to respond or pm me. Donnie
What is the penalty for not having insurance, you ask? THIS - one catastrophic injury/illness can bankrupt you.
Take it from an old guy - health insurance is a pain in the wazoo. UNTIL you need it.
My wife needed both her knees totally replaced. At a cost of $42,000 PER KNEE. Just the deductables and out-of-pocket expenses wiped out all our savings. If we did not have insurance she would be confined to a wheel chair.
In the same 2 year span I had to have my shoulder rebuilt and then suffered a detached retina which could have rendered me blind in one eye.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
What is the penalty for not having insurance, you ask? THIS - one catastrophic injury/illness can bankrupt you.
Take it from an old guy - health insurance is a pain in the wazoo. UNTIL you need it.
My wife needed both her knees totally replaced. At a cost of $42,000 PER KNEE. Just the deductables and out-of-pocket expenses wiped out all our savings. If we did not have insurance she would be confined to a wheel chair.
In the same 2 year span I had to have my shoulder rebuilt and then suffered a detached retina which could have rendered me blind in one eye.
I thought the whole plan behind Obama care was if you paid the fine for not having insurance the government would provide insurance for you so everyone would be insured.

Reactions: AquaHull
1 - 4 of 4 Posts