Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year ago today, Senior Chief Shannon was killed in a bombing in the Middle East. A remarkable woman, with a remarkable story that took her through the enlisted ranks to working with/side by side Delta Force and Team Six in the Middle Easts.
https://coffeeordie.com/shannon-kent/

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just read the article. What an incredible person. She was a true hero. There is no telling what all she would have accomplished. I am awed by people like that.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I worked with 2 Chiefs at SDVT-1. One took the O course challenge at Corranado, where they do BUDS training. Her husband was stationed there. She did it in boots etc and almost made it in the required amount of time needed. She was #12 in crossfit competition in California at same time.
The other Chief ran out Physical Training program there, and was a FMF Corpsman ( Worked with the Marines).
Both were seriously motivated and quite capable. Many women are capable.
But, it is so difficult to get forward deployed with the Teams, or even combat, for anything. Its dangerous, and such, as we all know.
So, for Chief Kent to get that far into it is incredible. Just incredible.
I hope they write a book on her..

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
A remarkably brave woman. We need more people like her, and way less of people like the Pelosi's and AOC's of the world.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
A year ago today, Senior Chief Shannon was killed in a bombing in the Middle East. A remarkable woman, with a remarkable story that took her through the enlisted ranks to working with/side by side Delta Force and Team Six in the Middle Easts.
https://coffeeordie.com/shannon-kent/
I'm not reading anything on the BRCC website. I am going to take your word for it that SC Shannon Kent was a great soldier, and mean no disrespect to her or her's. I just am not going to patronize the website of those mongrel coffee owners.

ETA: I DDG'd an article about her and she was indeed an incredible person.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not reading anything on the BRCC website. I am going to take your word for it that SC Shannon Kent was a great soldier, and mean no disrespect to her or her's. I just am not going to patronize the website of those mongrel coffee owners.

ETA: I DDG'd an article about her and she was indeed an incredible person.
https://foundationforwomenwarriors.org/shannon-m-kent-senior-chief-petty-officer-u-s-navy/
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/nav...ria-was-torn-between-family-and-duty-1.573889

Reactions: stevekozak

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
The Army had a Special-Ops program in Afghanistan that not many have ever heard of.
Highly trained and motivated female volunteers were attached to Ranger teams and went on missions with them to search out terrorists. Most missions were at night, and the Ranger teams were inserted into villages unannounced.
It was the woman soldiers job to casually interrogate the female Afghanis while the Rangers searched the village compound.
It was kept quiet because at the time women were forbidden to be in direct combat.

I learned about this by reading a book about this hush-hush program called "Ashley's War" which covered the whole operation while mainly focusing on Lt Ashley White, who was killed in action alongside her Ranger team mates.

I found this brief, good, synopsis.
www.abcnews.go.com/us/inside-ashleys-war-story-special-ops-program-put/story?id=30455617

Watch the film, it will move you.

Reactions: Steve40th

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew we had warriors in combat for some time. We even had a young lady get a Silver Star a while back.. They are there, but were put in with them being attached, not actual combat rates/mos etc that were designated for combat.

Reactions: rice paddy daddy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts