Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to sell some large items on craigslist, but I have heard terrible stories out there where people get ripped off, get killed, raped etc. Looking over craigslist I see that a lost of ads have instead of numbers, they have letters for their phone numbers. I do not know why they do this? What do I need to watch for and how to be safe?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Meet in public, if it's an electronic take pictures of the SERIAL number. I sold an xbox 360 years ago and took pictures of all the serial numbers. They guy took the xbox home called me like 4 hours later saying the xbox didn't work. We met and I had written down the serial numbers, he gave me back his old broken xbox with different numbers and when I called him out on the scam, he threatened me. I didn't bring the money or anything with me, I just got on my cell and told him I was dialing 911 and was going to turn him in for fraud and threatening me. He turned around and left, that was before I had my CCW. So watch out for people doing scams like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
great ideas acidlittle. Also, physically ask where they got the item. This is asking them if they stole it so you can announce that you said this if you receive stolen items, which can land you in jail as well. I always meet in public, at daytime and I tell someone where I am at or take someone with me. I also take the item away from my home and meet somewhere just in case they want to come and rob me later. just some helpful hints.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When you see an ad where the phone number is written out in letters instead of numbers, it just means that craigslist may have blocked their original post for giving out private information. There is a disclaimer that recommends not posting phone numbers or email addresses in an ad however i find it only enforced in certain genre of posts. But as you know if there is a way around something, people will find it lol. Just like the others have said, just cover you bases. Meet in public, ask plenty of questions and do research on the item so that your informed and so that you wont pay more than its worth or sell it for a lot less than its worth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts