Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
House For Sale.jpg

Well, I love this place, but have to move... been doing the "for sale by owner" thing and after I joined this site, my family said we should post it for sale here... "So it could go to another prepper family," they said. Here is the listing I have been running: and the link

21492 Oak Rest Rd, Piasa, IL 62079 - Zillow

This place could work great for self-sufficient living or a "prepper" get-away. No neighbors in sight, Super insulated, wood heat (with 1,000gal underground propane), cistern water (with city water avail), wild game, garden spot, abundant firewood, underground electric, and much more.. It has a creek that flows around 2 sides of the property and the house sits atop the hill, back away from the road. It is a rustic place down a country lane, could be a dream home for someone who enjoys peace and quiet. Have loved this place for the flowers, foxes, turtles, and everything that goes with country living. The forest is white oak and hickory trees mostly. It only takes me 55 minutes to get to STL, but we are on the Illinois side of the border. Our family used it as a get-away for years. Almost sorry to be selling it because we love the wild flowers and the wildlife, like deer and turkeys... but we have to move soon! Would make a nice hunting cabin... New carpet this week & Appliances Stay: Flat top stove oven, 2013 over-the stove micro, 2012 water heater, front loading washer and dryer all stay... 2400 sq ft, 1500 sq ft finished

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great place! I've been looking for a place closer to Ohio (family) and this would meet most of my needs. The only problem I see is only one bath. I've got a wife and three kids. It would be a bit stuffy. But I'm definitely jealous...

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Holy Smokes! Only $157,000 for all that? That house with the property would go for close to 4 times that where I live. I checked, and a house with less square footage on about 3/4 of an acre 5 minutes from here is going for over $400k, in a semi-rural part of the county.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Nice home and seems like a great price. The only drawback is IL. But it is driving distance to the Cubs.

You should not have a problem finding a buyer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just FYI, you can pay a flat fee and have it listed on the MLS. Then realtors will bring clients to look at it. Instead of a 6% commission, it would only be 3% because there is no listing agent.
This gives you better control also. In the end, the title company does all the work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just FYI, you can pay a flat fee and have it listed on the MLS. Then realtors will bring clients to look at it. Instead of a 6% commission, it would only be 3% because there is no listing agent.
This gives you better control also. In the end, the title company does all the work.
Good point, that sounds like a much cheaper way to go- Much appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Holy Smokes! Only $157,000 for all that? That house with the property would go for close to 4 times that where I live. I checked, and a house with less square footage on about 3/4 of an acre 5 minutes from here is going for over $400k, in a semi-rural part of the county.
Man... now if only it was out there. That sounds like a seller's market, wow!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts