Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 Cal Wonder peppers that have popped up indoors.

It's 26 degrees outside now, we're still a few weeks away for even early crops. The ground is still frozen in the garden here in Michigan by Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got a ton of stuff "in holding pattern" because it's just not fit out to plant.

I just started my peppers and tomatoes this week. 4 trays total of P's & T's.

I did manage to mud in some brassicas and spinach plants last week. Should be eating spinach before to long. Should be real tasty too with this cool raw weather.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting until it's above freezing this morning before I even walk to the mailbox for the Grand Rapids Press Sunday Edition.

·
Registered
94 Posts
32* here this morning.

Rain every day on the forecast and below freezing temps yet towards the end of the week.

Had been in the garden for a month at this pint last year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have 144 varied starts in jiffy planter trays indoors which most have just sprouted,although not quite as cold as where you're at,but here in Ohio,it's still gonna be a while before anything can go in the ground here except for colder weather tolerant plants like peas,spinach,etc.I'm thinking,more like hoping,for mid May but planning on late May.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I have four rows of corn coming up, peppers coming in, kale, green onion, bush scallop, cantaloupe, tomatoes and carrots all in the ground coming up nicely. I'm about to plant a plot of "three sisters" method crops to see how it works out. It's been a good start this year and those jiffy sprouters totally rule.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Not much of a spring here yet snow today a little. But it has started. The house is cluttered with plants being started.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts