Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the legit security thread I see threads on guns knives bows and other related topics but i havnt found the security thread that talks about security as a whole

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That's kind of a broad subject since it can pertain to AO security, comms, BOL, field, etc. It's also the one subject most are least inclined to openly discuss because of...........wait for it...........OPSEC.

Perhaps if you offer some specifics about the areas you are interested in I, and others, can offer up our experiences, strategies, philosophies, etc.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Rigged for Quiet has it right, . . . the word "security" paints too broad a swath for a single forum.

Everything we speak about here can be linked to security from guns and knives to water supplies, to types of food stored, to wind powered sock dryers.

But in the end, . . . YOUR security is up to you, . . . how secure do you want to feel? I read a post on another forum some months back where a guy openly admitted to hoarding over 75 thousand rounds of ammunition in his extended AO's. Personally, . . . 10% of that would probably do me until I walk into Glory.

If you have a particular "security" area you want to discuss, . . . open a new thread about Cameras, . . . Locks, . . . Fences, . . . Cannons, . . . whatever you think in "security" is worth pursuing on a thread level.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Where is the legit security thread I see threads on guns knives bows and other related topics but i havnt found the security thread that talks about security as a whole
As the others have pointed out. Since no two of us live in identical houses, apartments, cabins, bomb shelters, etc.. No two of us have the same neighbors, number of family to take care of, health conditions, etc.. No two of us have the same list of threat priorities. Be they hurricane, tornado, earth quake, zombie hordes, lunatic neighbors, nuclear power plant, nuclear bomb, emp attack, getting hit by lightening, bit by a shark... Where would you like to start???

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I think the reason you don't find threads about security is that when security practices become common knowledge they are no longer secure. I also think that if you look about you will find snippets here and there scattered throughout the threads that will help you develop your own security plan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts