Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
6,086 Posts
Dwight, would you approach a target from the obvious routes? Check your terrain and see if you can find the - not so obvious routes too. If you lack the manpower to use sentries then think about "unusual" alert or sentry systems..... think VC.

· Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Now this would get interesting. I think in this case there won't be electric so no lights. We have a genset and would use it sparingly. I think I'd check what the neighbors are doing too. If all their lights are on via a genset or something, and you're blacked out, you might be a target. Visa versa if you're lit up and everyone is dark. Blend with the rest of them.

Food for us won't be an issue for 8-12 months. After that we'd be in trouble. We have plans for that too but the options aren't ideal however we won't starve either.

Security would be 24/7. Anyone approaching would be treated fairly... But with a rifle aimed at their head in case they don't reciprocate. If it was "real" bad with looting, rioting, mayhem, etc, then anyone I can't identify touching the property would probably be shot.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
I would like some covers for the windows. Probably inside wooden shutters. They will look "Decorative", but would be functional. And bars for the doors. I've got alarm dogs. I'm looking for a man-stopper. Any people who won't leave when asked will be shot. I have some ideas for alarm systems around the perimiter. Don't know if they'll work.

I would welcome any ideas on perimiter alarms.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
A light on in a particular part of the house will be an attention drawer. All the lights on would be stupid and a waste of resources. You don't want your enemy to have a fix on you no matter what. If it's come to the point though when people are out scavenging and stealing than everyone here will need to pull their weight and take turns staying up pulling a guard shift. They've only got to wake me if I'm sleeping and I'll start gutting thieves and hanging them from the fence.

Head White Blue Human body Neck

· Registered
4,211 Posts
Dwight, would you approach a target from the obvious routes? Check your terrain and see if you can find the - not so obvious routes too. If you lack the manpower to use sentries then think about "unusual" alert or sentry systems..... think VC.
There are only two obvious routes into my lair, . . . both will be blocked, . . . people will have to detour to enter, . . . making them slow down, . . . listening devices will be near the turns, . . . they will be challenged through external speakers, . . . but I'll be spotting on them from a safe distance, . . . through a milspec scope.

If it is at night, . . . I have IR capability, . . . I should see them (or whoever is on sentry duty) long before they get close in.

Yes, . . . there will be gravels in the coffee cans on strings, . . . might even be a flash-bang or two at appropriate intersections.

The neat thing about flash bangs, . . . if they are up to no good, . . . chances are they will attempt to return fire, . . . thinking they were attacked. It might weed out those we really do not want around, . . . because if they return fire on my flash bangs, . . . well, . . . it might not be pretty when the smoke clears.

May God bless,
Dwight

· Registered
6,086 Posts
I like the "flash bangs", have you thought about some smoke with a trace of ammonia in it? I think the combination in close succession would be ideal.

· Registered
1,028 Posts
A light on in a particular part of the house will be an attention drawer. All the lights on would be stupid and a waste of resources. You don't want your enemy to have a fix on you no matter what. If it's come to the point though when people are out scavenging and stealing than everyone here will need to pull their weight and take turns staying up pulling a guard shift. They've only got to wake me if I'm sleeping and I'll start gutting thieves and hanging them from the fence.

View attachment 3050
Love that picture! Put that in the yard with a sign that says "LOOTER, person inside this house owns a rifle and dice. Want to play a game?"

Put this mask in the window.
View attachment 3109

· Registered
24,528 Posts
Me, no lights visible at night. Noise/light discipline. The windows will be blacked out at night. I'll be outside while everyone else is asleep at night. I am the sentry dog. I'm a good sentry dog. I don't bark, can let myself in and out, hardly ever tear up stuff in the house, can get my own food, and my thumbs allow me quicker and more efficient means of killing intruders. Plus, I can finish loading and then drive one of the trucks to the location. Never in my days of dog handling did I meet a sentry or patrol dog who could claim all that. On top of all that, my breath is much better! :mrgreen:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.