Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,750 Posts
I think it depends on your ability to defend. I'm the only adult in a house with three very small kids. For us, I think laying low would be critical to survival. If they come a'looting while the lights are off, I'll do my best, but I hope to avoid as much of it as I can. Once we have more food ahead, I plan on getting more dogs. Right now I've got two German Shepherds, but what's two when you can have four? :D

On the other hand, it's going to be impossible to keep small kids quiet so it might be better to just go all out with lights and guns blazing.

· Registered
1,750 Posts
I just saw a cardboard cutout of Captain Jack. Now I have a valid reason! :cool: "Gee, honey, it's for home defense...really!"

As for mandatory evacs, I wonder how much manpower a small rural community would have to go house to house outside city limits. I wish we were farther from town, but we are OUT of town at least. It's so frustrating that we have to protect ourselves not only from lawless civilians, but also lawless government. Need a little security here, folks, just give us a break!!

That's a big part of why I have plans to hide a lot of our supplies in plain sight throughout the property. It has an old boneyard on it so there are many hiding places. Because of the stability issue of high temps, this is only for when things get serious so hopefully there is enough time to get preps moved. I imagine there would be that much warning at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.