Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*WARNING* This thread is about Halloween and the horror movies about All Hollow's Eve. If you don't like Halloween because of religious beliefs or it's simply not your thing feel free to go enjoy one of the other many fine threads here on the forum. This one is not for you!

I have a tradition of watching a Scary/Horror film everyday in October. Been doing it for years. I love a good scary movie! Each day I will be posting the film I watched. Some are old favorites and others will be movies I've never seen before. So if you're looking for a good movie to watch check back on the thread. Feel free to add movies you enjoy.

The first movie I will be watching is An American Werewolf in London.

#1.
71-G6SEAAuL._SY445_.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fall into the "Don't Do Halloween" category, but if I did, there'd be humor involved!

Shaun of the Dead (2004) - IMDb
That one counts and so does any of the Evil Dead trilogy. All great flicks and I'll probably watch them at some point in the next 30 days. Horror/comedy is definitely in the wheelhouse.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
I am a lifelong horror and scary movie fan, but not of any of that stupid crap. I am looking forward to your shares.

·
Registered
11,808 Posts
I have seen just about every scary movie out there, but none compare to the absolute horror I see in Washington DC. Watching congress is the real creep show.

That said, the first "Halloween" movie has to be one of my all time favorites. Just the music can send chills down your spine. I took a girl named Christine to see that movie in 1978 I believe. Ahhhhh I love happy endings. :devil:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
the wolfman.jpg
I think everyone has that one special monster that scares them most, for me, it has always been the werewolf. Vampires, no big deal, Frankenstein's monster, walking hands, brains in a jar?......yeah ok, but ole mr. werewolf, now we talking.
the howling.jpg

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Awesome flick.

Gory Horror..... View attachment 56034

Classic Horror..... View attachment 56042
Long story short after pissing off my parents and my older sister I saw the Shining. I was in 4th grade timeframe I think.

The Shining scared the crap out of me. I couldn't watch scary shows or movies for a few years after that. Early teens I grew out of it.

I like the werewolf flicks also. I went on a vampire kick for a while.

I like the it could happen ones best like 28 days later and 28 weeks later. Viruses are a bitch.

Doesn't SciFi have scary movies all month?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,382 Posts
Long story short after pissing off my parents and my older sister I saw the Shining. I was in 4th grade timeframe I think.

The Shining scared the crap out of me. I couldn't watch scary shows or movies for a few years after that. Early teens I grew out of it.

I like the werewolf flicks also. I went on a vampire kick for a while.

I like the it could happen ones best like 28 days later and 28 weeks later. Viruses are a bitch.

Doesn't SciFi have scary movies all month?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
The Shining scared the dump out of me as a kid as well. There still needs to be a third movie(28 month later) after 28 days and 28 weeks later. SyFy is running scary flicks.

·
Super Moderator
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two very good, IMO, horror movies that translate well to SHTF are The Mist and the original The Thing. Both have monsters but the real story is the interaction of the people in the movie when they are put under great pressure. The begin to turn on each other. Which is what could happen in a very stressful SHTF scenario.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The Omen, Friday the 13th part one and two, Alien fr example were all seen in the theatre. One that really bothered me was The Town that Dreaded Sundown.. Creepy especially since it was based on true story and never caught.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Not a big fan of the genre. However the original "It" with Tim Curry as Pennywise has got to be one of the classics.
Personally, I liked the remake that came out this year better. I have read the book, and the remake does a much better job of capturing the spirit and personalities of the kids, which was paramount in the book .... then again, Stephen King is always a master at character development in his novels.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Stephen King is just mediocre and has mass appeal due to the simplistic linear nature of his writing. I have read many and what he excels at is drawing you in by what terrible things he infers instead of out right stating. His earlier works are his best. I stopped reading him after needful things. The ending was gradeschool horrible.

I love a good scary movie and the bad ones too. Evil dead series is just so bad but funny. Seen em a few times.

My wife really doesn't like scary movies so I don't watch as many as I used to. But stuff like train to Busan that I saw recently should hit your watch list. Subtitles but such a great horror movie.

The original the ring is amazing as well. Again subtitles but truly disturbing.

The original exorcist will be on many a playlist and while I was just in diapers I heard of people leaving the theater due to it's disturbing nature. I've watched it and it is classic cinema history.

The exorcism of Emily Rose is excellent. And if you dig in you realize that some of the audio used during exorcism scenes is actually real audio from a real exorcism performed on a German girl the story is loosely based on it becomes bone chilling to watch.

There are so many I could I on and probably will. But keep the list going there's always a few that slip through the cracks and old favs that you forget about.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,499 Posts
The original exorcist will be on many a playlist and while I was just in diapers I heard of people leaving the theater due to it's disturbing nature. I've watched it and it is classic cinema history.

The exorcism of Emily Rose is excellent. And if you dig in you realize that some of the audio used during exorcism scenes is actually real audio from a real exorcism performed on a German girl the story is loosely based on it becomes bone chilling to watch.
Two of my faves.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts