Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellers,

I know this was covered already in previous posts but today I picked up the "SAS Survival Handbook" (revised edition) at halfprice books for $9.98 and I feel like I made out like a bandit. Its way better than "Curious George and the High Voltage Fence". I don't know what the revisions are yet but I will soon find out. I am going to read it by subject rather than from front to back, but its' good stuff Meynard!

punch

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought the SAS manual several weeks ago after reading a recommendation for it here. Actually, while it does contain some valuable information, I think the US Army survival manual is better--especially if you are an American, rather than a Brit! If I were only going to carry one, the US Army one is the one I'd carry. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up the SAS manual on my way to Iraq a few years back, already had FM 21-76 courtesy of Uncle Sam. I thought it was good info. Have both in my library. Always looking for more, thanks to Infidel for the USAF version.

·
Banned
1,895 Posts
It is available free online. Although it is ok as a field book, but nothing super heavy, pretty much everything in it is available online elsewhere. It is ok, but nothing heavy. good introductory read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts