Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

San Antonio area prepper seeking like minded individuals or group for training.

10K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  morganrogue 
#1 ·
Just hoping I might find some people who I can organize with, train with, etc.

I am new to the prepper lifestyle, although no stranger to the prepper mentality.

I have experience in ranching, farming, hunting, fishing, and urban/wilderness survival, as well as 9 years military experience in infantry and medical fields. I have combat experience from Iraq. I currently work in the security field.

#4 ·
Welcom from Houston. Very difficult to find people to form a group.

Reactions: Piratesailor
#5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. It's sad that people are so secretive about being preppers. Yea, of course, keep your preps secret, but share the lifestyle so you can get help and insight.
It's amazing what you can get for free by sharing, like training, or what you can trade for.

#10 ·
It's simply OPSEC. If you have the lifestyle the preps are more than zero, and that is all you need to wind up with a line at the door and somebody screaming "hoarder"!

A big part of what preppers are doing, as opposed to soldiers, is planning and learning to function without infrastructure. All you need to get started is a pen and paper or a spreadsheet. Some of the interest in groups is just an attempt to be able to rely on others as we do in present day society. That's understandable but it isn't self reliance. Lot's of disaster scenarios are simply you being on your own. For instance, my area had Hurricane Sandy come through. My local utility was dealing with 45,000 downed trees across roads and power lines. You couldn't go anywhere. I couldn't drive more than 100 yards from my home. Having a group of preppers each a few miles away would have been useless.

#12 ·
I was actually part of the relief effort from hurricane sandy, providing medical assistance. I lost power for a week durring that October snow storm and ended up staying in the barracks at West Point. But having the military as a network is the reason I was able to have housing, power, food, etc.

In the military you learn to be self sufficient, but also to work as a part of a bigger machine. Had you had enough warning and we're able to bug out to a friend upstate you would have had a much easier time.

By being self sufficient you can support yourself easier, but being self sufficient and a member of a group you can help each other achieve things that would otherwise be impossible, even if it's just being on a two way radio and talking each other through a hard time. Something that seems so small can make the difference between life and death.

Also I know a lot of stuff that you don't know and can't learn without experience. But each and every other person can say the same thing. Together we all have the skills to survive almost anything but alone we are all weak.

#15 ·
Just hoping I might find some people who I can organize with, train with, etc.

I am new to the prepper lifestyle, although no stranger to the prepper mentality.

I have experience in ranching, farming, hunting, fishing, and urban/wilderness survival, as well as 9 years military experience in infantry and medical fields. I have combat experience from Iraq. I currently work in the security field.
Welcome.

#16 ·
Sup Jak long ways from here but I guess that would qualify as an extended network.
I originally got on here to start learning about getting a group together but it is pretty secretive and I cant blame people to much for that (I am thinking about post SHTF grouping). If you get a group together I would think about going that far to train with you guys every now and then.

#20 ·
Well I'm in san antonio, so the closer the better. work makes it hard to take extended vacations. There are lots of hog hunt locations in my area, usually run around $2-300 per person and supply almost everything you need.

#28 · (Edited)
Meetup.com gives notifications for group meetings but you have to pay for the group listings, although you likely will get a lot of responses and can develop a nice group of preppers in no time. I found the link to the San Antonio Region at Find your people - Meetup

PS: I been trying to form a ladies over 50 sports group also from the san antonio-la-grange area, and I'm sure we all could use co-practice.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well hello from San Antonio. I am Wilderness and Survival medicine Physician and work in a trauma center in Dallas. I think I may have stumbled onto the folks I have been looking for. Now, I won't give you the location of my secret hoarde or cache because well then I would have to use a chipper on your frozen body afetr I transport it to far west Texas. I have a commercial bakery and anyone I extinguish, I just freeze the bodies solid and chipper them up for the hogs.

I will dispense with the fun discussion of body disposal for now...I guess that isn't a very friendly way to introduce myself. I have a Facebook page, ######and I would like to start teaching Survival First Aid classes for interested folks in Texas. Sounds like I know where I can get some teachers. I am very interested in meeting like minded preparation folks in San Antonio.

I did a lightning fast review of this thread and if I missed a regular meeting date or place because I've had too much caffeine tonight, then please slow me down and give me the info. My Air Force call sign is Java.

Please send me an email message to *email removed by Denton*. After 27 years in military service and living in SA, it would be hard to deny my roots and am happy to share information with folks in the San Antonio area.

#30 ·
I'm here in San Antonio as well.

I have some gear prepared. World is looking eerily similar to how things looked pre WWII right now.

Id be interested in meeting up with a group of like minded people. I am a beginner prepper and would like to learn some more skills and find out if I need more/different gear. Send me a PM if you know of any local SA groups like this or a link if you know of any groups like this on a different website. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.