Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello all, new prepper here, looking to further develop my knowledge of how to survive the cold Canadian winters and to further acquire the tools necessary to do so.
survive them in what way? down here in FL we spend our hot and cold nights sleeping on the floor of the woods. know a guy who lives in canada and has learned to “survive” the same way and enjoys the practice.

he dresses warmer than i do though, so there’s a start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
survive them in what way? down here in FL we spend our hot and cold nights sleeping on the floor of the woods. know a guy who lives in canada and has learned to “survive” the same way and enjoys the practice.

he dresses warmer than i do though, so there’s a start.
We're warm blooded creatures, so surviving in the hot and humid climate of Florida is probably a lot more doable than trying to survive in a climate where temperatures can dip as low as -30Celsius for almost six months of the year (-22Fahrenheit for you guys)

Then again, we don't have to sleep with one eye open in anticipation of getting eaten alive by Alligators/Crocodiles (although bears are still worrisome)

·
Registered
preppn&homesteadn
35 Posts
hello newsurvivalist from another newcomer to this forum
I am not far from that frozen place called canada. The temp there is not as much of an issue as is the length of your growing season. Can you narrow the location a bit. I am a bit below Manitoba.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts