Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So watched the news today and they thought it was great that a dust cloud system from Africa is choking out hurricane season. What they failed to mention is if it makes from Africa to the US the possible contaminates it could carry that are viral, bacterial, pollen etc, and the dangers that it would pose for those in affected areas.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Article in Pop-Sci last month about bacteria and viruses at 33,000+ feet in the air. They were shocked because they thought that much UV radiation and cold temps would kill these organisims. Speculation was that E-Coli and stuff were being sucked up during hurricanes and stuff. Some are actually wondering if this bio layer in the air is where this stuff is from and it actually falls to Earth where we encounter it.

Bacteria Live At 33,000 Feet | Popular Science

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
That's kind of a scary thought. Something I would have never considered as a threat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I read a book recently about how much more fertile North Africa was up until Roman times. Overgrazing by goats led to less vegetation, which cut down on rainfall, which turned what was once dry seasonal savannah into wasteland. When I was in Tunisia you could visit Roman ruins in the desert that were once villas. Places that once grew wheat turned first to date palms and olive trees and now they're overrun with desert sand. Between that and the invasion of desert nomads, I hope those guys had done some prepping.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Research modern African farm land. Its sickening. Its very plentiful, and being bought up by the elites and china at alarming rates. I found one story that suggested Soro's had secured 200,000 acres at a whopping .40 an acre. I tried my hardest to find some to buy - at that price I could afford a few thousand acres too - but its not available to us "normal" people.

The three big buyers when I researched it were China, the Yale University Trust and Soros - in that order.

I read a book recently about how much more fertile North Africa was up until Roman times. Overgrazing by goats led to less vegetation, which cut down on rainfall, which turned what was once dry seasonal savannah into wasteland. When I was in Tunisia you could visit Roman ruins in the desert that were once villas. Places that once grew wheat turned first to date palms and olive trees and now they're overrun with desert sand. Between that and the invasion of desert nomads, I hope those guys had done some prepping.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It's in the fertile part of Africa. I'm sure they'll vastly increase productivity. At least until the locals get pissed again and kick out all the colonizers.
Then you will hear of Soros and the Yale Trust lobbying for US troop deployment to protect "American" interests.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
And what are they gonna do with it? Suddenly make it rain on a regular basis?
I seem to remember reading somewhere that China wants it because of its potential for solar power.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
The Sahara turned into a desert because of the current from Antarctica up the west side of the Atlantic Ocean. When that happened the airflow over northern Africa changed from West to east to east to west. That prevented The humid ocean air from dropping rain on northern Africa and instead drew the arid air across stripping the moisture from the Saharan region. If the climate changes the way it is supposed to by the predictions it will revert back to getting rain again because the oceanic flow will stop feeding warm water to the north parts of Europe and while that will cool Europe it will cause rain on northern Africa again. - Also, no more hurricanes in the Bahamas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts