Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You clearly found A LOT more detail of what happened in that story than what I read. The bear could have stood up and did a 5 minute waltz after the first shot... We don't know.

You can shoot a raccoon with a 30/30 at point blank range three times in the chest and it can still try to bite you. You can shoot a rabid fox in the chest with a 12ga and it will still charge you until you blow it's head off (I've done both). Neither fire power or shot placement are a guarantee all the time.

(The raccoon took three 30/30 shots in the chest, and TWO in the head to stop trying to bite.)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I've burned up a box of .22 trying to kill a rabid possum on the rage.

Tissue removal is the only guarantee and that takes the right bullet at the right speed with the right lead compound.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Its a Grizzly, people have been gored by white tails playing possum. Unless it's laying there with its eyes open and fixed you better put another round in it.

Reactions: BigCheeseStick

·
Registered
559 Posts
Its a Grizzly, people have been gored by white tails playing possum. Unless it's laying there with its eyes open and fixed you better put another round in it.
I think at least every other year you hear about someone in my local area being gored, bitten, kicked by a deer they shot and thought was dead. I think it was just two years ago a guy almost died after being gored by a buck when he tired the coup de grace with his hunting knife... Stupid games...

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts