Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys in free states see these or are they hard to get? In California we are restricted to 10 round versions and I can't find an out of state retailer that will break them down into parts and ship them to me. Just curious if anyone notices them?

Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a P95 with a few 17 round mags. Why cause yourself grief when they are illegal?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I see them all the time in Idaho for about the same price as the 10 round magazines. I'm not calling them hicap anymore and instead refer to them as standard capacity...which is a more accurate discription...since it is what the pistol was designed to hold...the ten rounders are the odd ducks...not the other way around...lol

·
Registered
855 Posts
They can order the parts and legally assemble them in Ca if memory serves correct. Just a way to inconvenience the gun owners really. Probably one of the dumber laws I've seen, ranks right up there with NY's SAFE Act where it's now illegal to buy ammo over the internet but not illegal to buy it out of state to get around the NY SP ammo database. Maybe we need a thread of stupid gun laws.

-Infidel

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is correct. They are not illegal to possess in California they are illegal to buy as complete magazines. We can buy each and every part - and in fact some creative retailers sell "parts kits" that include all the parts. Once we assemble the kit we can keep it just fine. It is not illegal to possess in CA just illegal to buy as an assembled magazine.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Honestly...I think you are SOL...I hate to say it that way, becuase it sounds mean. Yet I can't think of anybody who would disassemble a magazine into parts and then ship it to somebody in california...Why???

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL - Profit

Honestly...I think you are SOL...I hate to say it that way, becuase it sounds mean. Yet I can't think of anybody who would disassemble a magazine into parts and then ship it to somebody in california...Why???

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I believe demand for standard capacity magazines is high in states that allow them, I know thats true here. It's hard enough to find them assembled, at least the good ones.

Have you tried Ruger to see if they will, break one down and ship it to you?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The more "prominent" if that is the word a retailer is the less likely they are to break them done. I've dealt with a retailer in Missouri on Rock Island Armory guns for years and they run very paranoid and won't do it even though I've showed them links on other retailers who do. Some think it's illegal - it is NOT illegal (yet).

I am likely, if I have the money, going to buy a used P89 this weekend on our forum. The seller wants $375 which means I pay $410 with state fees. I don't need it, I have two already, but he has 3 -17 round magazines and 1 -10 with it. I may simply turn it around with one 10 round magazine and try and sell it. $410-??? What I get will be my price for 3 magazines. It's an ugly way to do it but not many choices.

I believe demand for standard capacity magazines is high in states that allow them, I know thats true here. It's hard enough to find them assembled, at least the good ones.

Have you tried Ruger to see if they will, break one down and ship it to you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts