Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not read all of the details. It doesn't look good for NY gipun owners and I'd imagine gun shops there will soon be a thing of the past.

7 rnd magazine cap. 1 year to dispose of or modify your hi cap (8+) magazines.
Mandatory registration or go to jail.
No legal transfer with out a dealer (we got that in Ca now and it costs $35 here).
No 22LR exemptions that I see, no word on tube fed guns.
Mandatory safe storage or go to jail and lose all gun rights.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They will pass legistration, they will trample our rights, and we will still have mentally ill individuals killing innocents. You can't legislate people to do no harm. Evil things happen, If all it took was more rules we would live in a perfect world.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That is where it begins. Slowly hack away at gun laws until there is nothing left. Wait 5 years and NY will go to 5 rd. capacity...and then single shot...and the you'll own nothing but BB guns...airsoft...sticks

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hard to feel much sympathy for New Yorkers, after all these are the folks they voted into office to represent them. Granted I realize not all the folks in New York are Kool Aid Drinkers and are in the same boat as most Kommifornians are. I am willing given the climate there, that there will be no distinction made between those evil black rifles and Ruger 10/22's or Marlin 60's and that they will take advantage of the vagueness in the law to reach beyond these two examples of fire arms too. After all its not about crime control or making you safer, its about elimenating guns from the public altogether. Thats the real goal, they just wont come out and say that for the most part. Liberals dont do things because its smart or makes sense or solves a problem, its all about sybolism and feeling good and feeling like they have done something to solve the problem. The fact that it doesnt means little.

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
Don't count on the Supreme Court to much. Look how Obamacare turn out. I would never had believed it would have been held up! So I not that sure about our Supreme court, or our Congress. I know where the president stands.
And by the time any case like this wends it's way to the Supremes, Obama will have had enough time to stack the court with two more radicals, joining the two radicals he already got on board - Kagan and Sotomeyor.
Then the Constitution can be made null and void, one "decision" at a time. This is the REAL danger Obama poses to America.

Reactions: jrclen

·
Registered
67 Posts
just had some buddies put there place up for sale and there packing for the south right now .. he was told he has to many weapons and some one would be watching very closely on his situation cause of where he worked. so he replied the next day with a i quit and purchased a home with 40 acres and a nice lil house he was retiring in a year any way but shit a year early never hurt anyone. shah

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good on your friend, Jae. Liberty minded folks need to vote with thier feet and get the hell out. I also suggest not buying from any business based in NY and no vacations there either.

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
With all due respect, Florida has already assimilated WAY MORE than our fair share of Nu Yawkers.
Thank you.

Reactions: jrclen

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can bet Washington is watching New Yorks success or lack off as some sort of indicator on how to proceed. If all goes well he be further embolded to make his move. Seems like alot of people think this could be a defining moment in Our history. Its also a safe bet the Prez feels this very well will be a defining moment for his Presidency. Something has to give?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We need to request every Manufacture if firearms and firearms part move out of NY before we purchase their products.
It is only fair.
Please stay in NY we do not need you coming here and helping elect the fools you elected in NY

·
Registered
855 Posts
It's much worse than it looks but it ain't over yet. We're doing everything we can to get it repealed. There's already a class action lawsuit in the works (probably more than one) and State Senator Marchione has a petition going to get it repealed (if you are a New York state resident you need to sign this). That being said don't think for one minute that you're exempted from this, I urge all of you to contact your representative and tell them in no uncertain terms (but politely) that anyone that votes for any new gun legislation will be looking for new jobs the next time their seats come up for election. This bill was rammed down our throats by a tyrant whose political agenda and his future campaign for President of The United States caused him to disregard his oath of office and the Constitution of the United States. Gov. Cuomo made back room deals with state legislators and got the bill passed in the state senate in the middle of the night. This thing went from Bill to state Law in 2 days all from a state government so dysfunctional that it can't pass a state budget on time ever. The forces are aligning against gun owners all of the country, Schumer, McCarthy, Feinstein, all the usual suspects and you all know their names. How about instead of writing us all off you show some support for the efforts that we are putting forth, remember some day we may all be in the same boat. There are no less than 8 bills currently in the House of Representatives that need to be voted down and they are:

Please oppose H.R. 137(sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition clips.

Please oppose H.R. 138 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition clips.

Please oppose H.R. 141 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions at gun shows.

Please oppose H.R. 142 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would require face-to-face purchases of ammunition, the licensing of ammunition dealers, and the reporting of bulk ammo purchases.

Please oppose H.R. 34 (sponsor: Representative Rush)
This bill would "tighten" firearms "licensing" requirements.

Please oppose H.R. 117 (sponsor: Representative Holt)

Please oppose H.R. 65 (sponsor: Representative Lee)
This bill would raise the eligibility age to carry a handgun from 18 to 21.

Please oppose H.R. 21 (sponsor: Representative Moran)
This bill would require background checks for all gun sales, and to require gun owners to report when their guns have been stolen.

Get on the stick and start making those phone calls and mailing letters and sending e-mails. Flood your reps with your feelings on all of these bills. By the way notice the first 4 bills and who sponsored them and then look at the new NY law, any of that sound familiar?? Look like someone took Cuomo's "role model for the rest of the nation" quote a little too seriously??

-Infidel

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
It's much worse than it looks but it ain't over yet. We're doing everything we can to get it repealed. There's already a class action lawsuit in the works (probably more than one) and State Senator Marchione has a petition going to get it repealed (if you are a New York state resident you need to sign this). That being said don't think for one minute that you're exempted from this, I urge all of you to contact your representative and tell them in no uncertain terms (but politely) that anyone that votes for any new gun legislation will be looking for new jobs the next time their seats come up for election. This bill was rammed down our throats by a tyrant whose political agenda and his future campaign for President of The United States caused him to disregard his oath of office and the Constitution of the United States. Gov. Cuomo made back room deals with state legislators and got the bill passed in the state senate in the middle of the night. This thing went from Bill to state Law in 2 days all from a state government so dysfunctional that it can't pass a state budget on time ever. The forces are aligning against gun owners all of the country, Schumer, McCarthy, Feinstein, all the usual suspects and you all know their names. How about instead of writing us all off you show some support for the efforts that we are putting forth, remember some day we may all be in the same boat. There are no less than 8 bills currently in the House of Representatives that need to be voted down and they are:

Please oppose H.R. 137(sponsor: Representative McCarthy)

Please oppose H.R. 138 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)

Please oppose H.R. 141 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions at gun shows.

Please oppose H.R. 142 (sponsor: Representative McCarthy)
This bill would require face-to-face purchases of ammunition, the licensing of ammunition dealers, and the reporting of bulk ammo purchases.

Please oppose H.R. 34 (sponsor: Representative Rush)

Please oppose H.R. 117 (sponsor: Representative Holt)

Please oppose H.R. 65 (sponsor: Representative Lee)
This bill would raise the eligibility age to carry a handgun from 18 to 21.

Please oppose H.R. 21 (sponsor: Representative Moran)
This bill would require background checks for all gun sales, and to require gun owners to report when their guns have been stolen.

Get on the stick and start making those phone calls and mailing letters and sending e-mails. Flood your reps with your feelings on all of these bills. By the way notice the first 4 bills and who sponsored them and then look at the new NY law, any of that sound familiar?? Look like someone took Cuomo's "role model for the rest of the nation" quote a little too seriously??

-Infidel
ny politicians don't give a dam what citizens of ny think, why would they listen to non residents. You want to keep your rights, the 2nd amendment gives you the right and the Founding Fathers showed you how, after they tried petitions and protests. Your call citizens of ny and America. Are you free citizens or will you be serfs?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i sent as many emails as i could and also signed a buncha petitions. united we stand.
ny,ca texas. we are all americans. and sadly, not all can be texans.

i think getting letters from out of staters may help as they look to be president one day:?:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Holy $#i+!!!

Did you guys see the part in the NY law that makes it "criminal possession of a weapon" for owning more than two...that's right TWO firearms. How exactly does that even support the "hunter or sportsman"?

This is quoted from the law itself. See the bold:

S 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third
degree when:

(1) Such person commits the crime of criminal possession of a weapon
in the fourth degree as defined in subdivision one, two, three or five
of section 265.01, and has been previously convicted of any crime; or
(2) Such person possesses any explosive or incendiary bomb, bombshell,
firearm silencer, machine-gun or any other firearm or weapon simulating
a machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use; or
(3) Such person knowingly possesses a machine-gun, firearm, rifle or
shotgun which has been defaced for the purpose of concealment or
prevention of the detection of a crime or misrepresenting the identity
of such machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun; or
(5) (i) Such person possesses three or more firearms; or (ii) such
person possesses a firearm and has been previously convicted of a felony
or a class A misdemeanor defined in this chapter within the five years
immediately preceding the commission of the offense and such possession
did not take place in the person's home or place of business; or

(6) Such person knowingly possesses any disguised gun[; or
(7) Such person possesses an assault weapon; or
(8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device].
Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D felony.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts