1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I take Alex Jones with a grain of salt. He brings a lot of valid stuff to the surface, then acts like a paranoid schizophrenic and screws up his own valid points. Sort of like Jesse Ventura. At first you're all "Hell yeah!" And by the time they're done you go "No he didn't...damn it."

Having been a contractor for DHS, specifically the Federal Protective Service, I can tell you that what you are reading should not be a surprise or a concern. As a contractor with DHS/FPS, you are privy to a ton of Law Enforcement Sensitive, Eyes Only kind of information. Including terrorism information. On September 11, 2002, I was the primary responding/reporting officer of what we later learned was an Al Qaeda dry run. We caught them. They need to know you can be trusted with that type of info. You will also provide protective services for U.S. Senators and Congressmen, Foreign Dignitaries, VIP's and even assist Special Agents in arrests. They want to know who you are, what you're about and can you be trusted. That's it.

I went through full, ten year background checks with fingerprinting, every 24 months. When I obtained my CDL, I went through the same thing with TSA. Those of us that were assigned to protective services at places like the FBI, the DEA or the U.S. Courthouses, underwent even further scrutiny. When I was assigned to the U.S. Courthouse in Seattle, I was the only other person, aside from the Marshal's and Court Security Officers, by court order of the Chief Justice, that was allowed to carry a firearm inside the courthouse. Everyone else, FBI, ATF, Secret Service, even the FPS who I worked for, had to check guns at the door and lock them in a box. And that was because I underwent the extra scrutiny.

So speaking from experience, I am telling you, nothing there to worry about. Scouts Honor. If you don't believe me, ask MeanGreen; he's former FPS.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I take Alex Jones with a grain of salt. He brings a lot of valid stuff to the surface, then acts like a paranoid schizophrenic and screws up his own valid points. Sort of like Jesse Ventura. At first you're all "Hell yeah!" And by the time they're done you go "No he didn't...damn it."

Having been a contractor for DHS, specifically the Federal Protective Service, I can tell you that what you are reading should not be a surprise or a concern. As a contractor with DHS/FPS, you are privy to a ton of Law Enforcement Sensitive, Eyes Only kind of information. Including terrorism information. On September 11, 2002, I was the primary responding/reporting officer of what we later learned was an Al Qaeda dry run. We caught them. They need to know you can be trusted with that type of info. You will also provide protective services for U.S. Senators and Congressmen, Foreign Dignitaries, VIP's and even assist Special Agents in arrests. They want to know who you are, what you're about and can you be trusted. That's it.

I went through full, ten year background checks with fingerprinting, every 24 months. When I obtained my CDL, I went through the same thing with TSA. Those of us that were assigned to protective services at places like the FBI, the DEA or the U.S. Courthouses, underwent even further scrutiny. When I was assigned to the U.S. Courthouse in Seattle, I was the only other person, aside from the Marshal's and Court Security Officers, by court order of the Chief Justice, that was allowed to carry a firearm inside the courthouse. Everyone else, FBI, ATF, Secret Service, even the FPS who I worked for, had to check guns at the door and lock them in a box. And that was because I underwent the extra scrutiny.

So speaking from experience, I am telling you, nothing there to worry about. Scouts Honor. If you don't believe me, ask MeanGreen; he's former FPS.
I agree with you about AJ. I just don't get him. He brings out stuff that is serious and turns out to be true, but then he comes up with the craziest shit that is completely false, then acts like a complete psycho completely destroying his credibility.
Now let's talk about you. You have all that supercop experience and now your a truck driver? Really?

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I agree with you about AJ. I just don't get him. He brings out stuff that is serious and turns out to be true, but then he comes up with the craziest shit that is completely false, then acts like a complete psycho completely destroying his credibility.
Now let's talk about you. You have all that supercop experience and now your a truck driver? Really?
Actually, no. I had my AC Joint torn when a guy tried to take my gun (at the courthouse no less). It was the second time and wouldn't heal, so it was removed. Because it was a work injury, the therapist went "$$$$$" and had me going in 5 days a week after my surgery and wrecked my shoulder. I wound up with a permanent partial disability and, you guessed it, no longer met the physical requirements of the contract. Job gone. Job offer from the FPS? Gone.

So I got my CDL when I received a check for the "Amputation Value of my Left Arm" (still have my arm and it works pretty good still). Strange I know, but that's how they billed it. Getting my CDL took 5 weeks (200 hours) and I had a job 7 days after finishing the training. So the CDL portion was to get a job quickly as I have a lot of mouths to feed. I went into construction (initially on my CDL) and was making a butt ton of money until the collapse.

I am now the Head of Security at a high school and a part time tribal police officer. Kinda went full circle. And I am no "Supercop"; I just had the opportunity to do some cool stuff and work behind some scenes that make people like Alex Jones go crazy when there is no reason to. Plus it was kind of cool to watch FBI and Secret Service Agents get all pissy and freak out over having to check their guns. First thing they would say? "How come that (lowly) contract guard gets to wear his?" Answer from the Court Security Officers, literally? "Because the Chief Justice said he could and you couldn't."

:grin:

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Not going to happen..

But they should have cut it by $20b

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

I worked for the Federal Protective Service and it was a fun time because you get to work with so many different agencies and the military. It was my first law enforcement job and it steered me in the direction that placed me where I am now. The FPS is the law enforcement agency that protects federal property, employees, and oversees the contracted security companies that work for different government agencies. You're given a lot of responsibility but it's not anything really high speed. I worked at the San Ysidro Port of Entry assisting with immigration cases such as fingerprinting, photographing, and putting the case files together. Another time I worked with DEA and waited in the truck while they conducted a raid on a drug house, after the suspects were placed under arrest, I assisted in removing evidence and secured the narcotics until they could be removed and transported. Another time I was patrolling military housing and answering calls.
You might remember the Social Security Administration purchasing a lot of ammo, this was for the FPS and the contracted security companies that protect the SS offices and employees. When I worked at the SS offices in San Diego I would go thru a lot of pepper spray because all you deal with is drug addicts, mentally ill people, and freshly released convicts. I also worked corrections with FPS and the detention facilities for the criminally insane.
You may of heard of Whackenhut or G4S which are contracted security companies that work under the Federal Protective Service which falls under GSA General Services Administration.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I worked for the Federal Protective Service and it was a fun time because you get to work with so many different agencies and the military. It was my first law enforcement job and it steered me in the direction that placed me where I am now. The FPS is the law enforcement agency that protects federal property, employees, and oversees the contracted security companies that work for different government agencies. You're given a lot of responsibility but it's not anything really high speed. I worked at the San Ysidro Port of Entry assisting with immigration cases such as fingerprinting, photographing, and putting the case files together. Another time I worked with DEA and waited in the truck while they conducted a raid on a drug house, after the suspects were placed under arrest, I assisted in removing evidence and secured the narcotics until they could be removed and transported. Another time I was patrolling military housing and answering calls.
You might remember the Social Security Administration purchasing a lot of ammo, this was for the FPS and the contracted security companies that protect the SS offices and employees. When I worked at the SS offices in San Diego I would go thru a lot of pepper spray because all you deal with is drug addicts, mentally ill people, and freshly released convicts. I also worked corrections with FPS and the detention facilities for the criminally insane.
You may of heard of Whackenhut or G4S which are contracted security companies that work under the Federal Protective Service which falls under GSA General Services Administration.
The Social Security Offices in Seattle were the worst. Holy smokes...

Reactions: Meangreen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts