Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a couple of these at the 5.11 Tactical 20% off sale I went to:

5.11 Tactical RUSH TIER Rifle Sleeve | Official 5.11 Site

My back packs are both RUSH 12s from 5.11.

These rifle sleeves let you carry your carbine or rifle either centered up on your back pack or off to one side if you prefer.

It shields your optics and trigger from the elements and from damage, and also protects your muzzle/crown.

It clips right onto 5.11 RUSH back packs using the TIER attachment system. $40 before sales tax, and worth every penny in my book.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know, I know.

I coulda used a burlap bag and some kite string, but somehow this seemed to be a better idea....

Just kidding....

·
Registered
904 Posts
Unless you have a pack full of meat and are heading in from a successful hunt. Then I think it would be a good way to carry your rifle. In a SHTF situation, I don't believe it is accessible enough for a primary weapon.

·
Registered
574 Posts
LOL the guy in the pic has his combat flag on the wrong shoulder wannabee. The sleeve looks good ill prolly buy one at some point.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you might be walking or climbing its nice to have the option if having your hands free. Carrying 10lbs for a couple of hours your hands/arms might start to get tired.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I think the rifle scabbard might be a good idea depending on the terrain.

I purchased the Rush MOAB 6. I do not like the pouch that is attached to the strap. It is more often in the way than useful.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use a Viking Tactics two point wide padded sling to carry my primary carbine or rifle.

I like this rifle sleeve for a number of reasons. First, it fits perfectly on my RUSH 12 backpack. Second, it protects the optic from damage, which is important for protecting your zeroed settings, and if you have some money invested in the optic. I also piggyback MRDSs on some scopes, so this protects against snagging when you are busting through brush, vines or briars.

I like that it can handle bolt action long guns as well as semi-auto rifles or carbines.

I like the muzzle cup/crown protector, and if you have a compensator, it shields it from snag hazards. Plus it keeps out dust, mud, debris, etc.

I like that it is adjustable for each weapon.

I like that it protects the trigger group - I run Geissele triggers on some guns, and don't like muck getting in the mechanisms of the fire control group.

I like the way it frees up your hands if you do need to climb over stuff, or scramble up something with sketchy footing.

And I like that I can store my BOBs with a gun secured to it, and be ready to grab it and go. Handy if you have to bug out quick, escape a fire, etc. I see the wildfire evacuations, and I have been through hurricane evacs, where you get five minutes to get your stuff and GTFO of danger.

It is very easy to grab the back pack grab handle and load this up for transporting without searching for any gear - grab and go rules....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts