Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have no weapons and have seriously considered purchasing a firearm to protect myself from an oppressive government.

However I have thought that,,

If Traveling,
sig M400 enhanced primary weapon
Side arm m&p m2.o in alien gear chest holster.

If stationary
Primary Sig 716, 25 stand cap, with 180 grain core locks
Side arm Sig p320 legion
Trench weapon Remington 11 87 with two oh shits marked on the cartouch.

·
Administrator
15,718 Posts
I have an assortment, and I really like my M1 Garand, but if the chips were down it would be my Romanian AKM and my Colt Series 70 Government Model 1911A1.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
11,025 Posts
I don't have a wide assortment to choose from, and situation will dictate of course...
I don't have a proper "battle rifle", per se.
I have a 5.56 AR, which is an intermediate option and comparatively weak.
I have a .270 bolt rifle, but that would only be for longer range engagements that would be hard to justify outside of hunting.
The only .30cal I have is actually a pistol and best for short to medium range engagement(0-100yd). Nothing in the traditional military engagement range(200-400yd). Good for close quarters defense, but optimal effectiveness drops off after ~100yds.
Then there's the .22....
I need a decent .30cal with range. Just can't decide between semi-auto or lever action. Lever is more reliable. Semi offers higher capacity. Decisions decisions....

Pistol choice is easy.
Glock 19. I loathed myself for buying one. I think I even tracked my self-hatred on this site. They're ugly, clunky, half plastic, and only 9mm. But damn... the thing just won't quit and eats everything I feed it. Reliability and over-abundance of parts were the reasons I chose to try it. I've not been at all disappointed in these regards. It's still ugly as sin though. Like the AK, tolerances are intentionally low. This affords it the same reliability of function as the AK.

·
Administrator
15,718 Posts
Henry Golden Boy 44 , 7.5 " Ruger Redhawk , both in 44 mag
My Ruger 44 Magnum is a Super Blackhawk.
If they weren't collector's items and priced accordingly I'd love to have a Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine. Too bad they aren't made any more.

·
Registered
267 Posts
For long gun, depending on the situation either 12 gauge, 556 or 308 semi auto or 308 bolt action.... For handgun, either 1911 TRP or XDS 45 in both 3" and 4" (like that combo as I can have a primary and backup which take same mags) or XD 4" ;)

Again it depends on what's going on, where am I going and how long will I be gone for .

But if I had to chose one setup, it'd be M1A scout with my 1911 TRP

·
Registered
23 Posts
What a classic combo! One day I'll get my hands on a Garand, I've never even seen one before.

My current choice is really boring. I have an AR15 in 5.56 and an FN 509. If covid had taught me anything its to have an assortment of guns with different calibers. I think my next duo will be an AK and a 1911in 45 ACP or a Henry lever action in 30-30 with a side loading gate and a Smith and Wesson 686.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts