Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone watched that show on NBC (hate NBC) called "Revolution"? It's pretty hokey, but provides a pretty solid concept of what life may be like if the world were without electricity. It posed some good "what if's?" They basically went back to pre-civil war weaponry with single shot muzzle loaders and swords, bows etc., power grabs, militias, survival etc.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I watched the first episode and thought the show sucked! First of all, when the family was starting to split and the father got a handgun out of the dresser or whatever and the wife gave him a horrified look, like, OMG--you have a gun??? I immediately thought, yah, typical liberal hollywood anti-gun writer bullcrap coming up! Then, after all power fails and it is 15 years later or something, all the people have turned in their guns to the militia and are running around with bows and crossbows. Only the "militia" have any modern guns. And no one has been able to restore any electrical systems???? In 15 years??? Sorry, I like my shows a little more realistic--or at least a little more plausable. Beside, it's football season.;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
We don't have cable. Sounds like its a good thing.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have been watching the show I thought it funny that the women of the family had the cojones the boy and father were wimps.
The show goes against the laws of physics but I have been watching it anyway and enjoy it.
I think the most realistic thing about it is how the people changed and how things are dealt with without any law and order.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I believe it's on nbc
Let me rephrase for accuracy. We don't have a TV. If there is something that I really want to watch there is netflix and Hulu on my computer.

Reactions: Denton
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.