Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. had to have one, so I was glad to do a review of the product.
SA sports fury, crossbow package deal-bow, quiver, four aluminum bolts, four field tips, sling, scope, cocking device. $158 from amazon.
Read all the reviews I could, mostly great, and decided to get one. super fast shipping. comes unassembled. Was an easy enough process of assemlbly, came with all required tools, except a phillips screwdriver.
After reading the reviews, I knew it would be an easy assembly. Had a friend help install the bowstring, could have done it alone, but much easier to accomplish with four hands.
Be sure to check all bolts and screws before heading out for first shoot, I had installed the scope, and was trying to zero, when I found the scope was loose inside the rings..
Ok, onto the fun stuff...Cocking with the rope device is simple, lines up the string in close proximity every time. The crossbow itself feels great. Shoots very well for a "low end" piece. After I checked initial sightin, bottom right on a 8 X 11 piece of paper at 15 yards, I slowly began working the adjustments on the scope, bringing it up and left. After tightening the scope rings, on my next batch of four bolts I was close. I have never adjusted a scope before, so I took small calulated clicks. On the ninth and tenth shot, they were dead on. The wind was picking up, and daylight was fading fast, so I stopped. Still need to decide if Im going to use the lower recticle crosshairs on the scope, or try the elevation adjustment build under the scope.
I would highly recomend this crossbow for any beginner, (me), and some of the middle/upper experienced people.

pros- easy to shoot, sighted in great, anyone could now put three arrows tightly on a bullseye, the crosshairs take away all the guessing.
- recurve, can be restrung in the field.
- removable quiver, so it can be shot like a gun, off a rest.
-great weight/feel/look. Everyone at work is impressed with the "fit and feel" of this CB
- great price for "testing the water", alot of barnnett and other crossbow users say they have this as a backup. I am very pleased with the pricetag.
- order 20" carbon bolts as replacements.
- literally has everything you need to start shooting.

cons-havent found any yet, but am still not sighted in for longer range shots yet. Also, need to switch to one of my broadheads, just to make sure everything is kosher.

will order a backup string or three, and will stockpile some bolts and field tips.
I ordered some cheap broadheads, From Leon's experience, and mine, a broadhead is a broadhead, no reason to go all out crazy.
Overall. a great combo package. i hope to kill a turkey soon.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,315 Posts
So, over a year later, are you still happy with it?
How has it held up?

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shitt, I worked too much, I have not cocked that crossbow since last year, but It's still waiting.
I will try to run it some this weekend, but the grill is falling for mutton and beef, so maybe tom. Inbetween yard work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts