Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
904 Posts
I have a balanced approach to my retirement. I will get a retirement from a government day job. I have an income from my ranching and I also own a small amount of rental properties. I have some money put in the stock market and have recently begun a program of buying PM's. If one goes South I'm hoping the rest will get me by. I honestly don't think I will ever fully retire and not have some job.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Man, all of these posts are hitting home with me..I still haven't decide what the heck to do with my 401K. I guess along with "fixing my credit" this year, I need to add "making the decision about what the hell to do with my so-called-retirement plan"????
If you are a very jard worker and motivated like Go2ndAmend follow his example. He has all the bases covered.

A couple hours of hard yard work can cripple me depending on the task. So at 65 I have found myself unable to enjoy some of my pre retirement dreams. We would be in big trouble if I had listened to the nay sayers. I draw SS my wife does not yet. But when we retired we were saving 25% of our gross in 401Ks. Over my career I had two opportunities to roll them into self directed IRAs. Now we are completely debt free; this includes our home. We are living the high life on just the SS and dividends from our IRAs.

I did it by trying to pick stocks with worth, paid dividends and would not lose money. Yes I missed Microsoft, Apple and the like. But I also miss losing big on the dot com bust and others.

The silver coins I collected for fun are more valuable than the silver collected by my friends hedging a crash.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.