Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
The TSA is useless.

A few years ago I had a couple of back-to-back classes in Cincinnati. When I was flying home for the weekend, I realized I had forgotten to put the pocketknife that I usually carry into my checked bag (after I had already checked the bag). So I found a planter inside the terminal and buried my knife under some grass in the planter. The following Sunday when I got back, I just went to the planter, grabbed my knife and left. The whole episode was nothing but a joke.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
My fiance and I went thru 3 different tsa checkpoints this last week. When we got home and was going thru our stuff. My fiance had 3 .45 rounds in her bag and I remembered I had a credit card knife in my wallet.. They never found any of them...

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I had to fly down for Katrina I didn't have a lot of time to pack so I dissembled my M4 and placed it in my pack along with ammo, mags and so forth. I had my service pistol on my hip concealed. I arrived at the airport and presented myself to check-in girl along with discreetly presenting my ID and badge. She asked me where my gun was and I told her that one is secured in my pack and the other was on my hip. She tells me that it doesn't say anything on my ID about multiple guns so I can't fly. I ask to see the security supervisor and explain to him what she had told me. He in turn tells her that I can fly with as many firearms as I like as long as they are secured on my person or locked in a secure case within my check in luggage. She says, "Fine but he isn't going to get on that plane with a pocket knife!"

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have plenty of stories about dealing with airline employees. I understand the job sucks and I'm always polite and professional because I know they will ultimately win.

·
Administrator
15,411 Posts
I quit flying in 1995 when my then-job had me traveling to various cities around the Southeast for a 6 month period.
Today, if I can't drive myself there I don't go.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I quit flying after my wife called ahead and found out that we should place our toiletries in plastic baggies. We did so upon our arrival a guy named Abu is telling us our baggies are a threat because they are the wrong size. His supervisor Saddam comes over and reinforces his decision but directs us to a kiosk where proper sized bags are being sold, for a buck a piece. I don't know the name of the guy running the kiosk but it could have been Ahcmet. Shows where the priorities are.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I pretty much quit flying after they started all the crazy security checks and the ensuing delays caused by them. When I could drive to Amarillo faster than I could fly there, it just didn't make much sense. Plus I wasn't crammed into a small seat next to a large man or woman who wanted to talk the entire flight, I could eat when I pleased, and I could take my knife and pistol without any hassle. And it cost about the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts