Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 1 year old Brinkman grill. My regulator was leaking through the vent hole so I went to Home Depot bought a new one installed it. And gosh darn it, she's leaking out of the vent hole on the new one too? You think that the new one is bad as well or am I just a dummy? Thanks :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like a possible bad one.The vent hole is a safety release for if the diaphragm is damaged as well as for allowing the diaphragm to equalize in pressure on both sides allowing it to work properly.The regulator should not be leaking anywhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. Just weird that the new one was bad also. And in the same way as the old one. Back to Home Depot in the am I guess. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, went to home depot to return the new one and buy another new one and all the boxes were open so I had to drive to the other home depot to find a closed box. Brought home the 2nd new one installed it opened the tank super slow. And boom it's now working. So if you need to replace your regulator be sure the box is sealed. I think sometimes they put the returns back on the shelf. :-/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts