Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a week ago i took home a ruger 10/22 in really bad shape i got for 99.00.( they threw in a new 50 dollar re dot to seal the deal), rear site broken, stock was a mess and super dirty!I was on a budget cause i just bought my 357 and drosed my m&p compact 9.
so i cleaned up the gun soaked in clp. ordered an ATI stock on amazon for 38 bux, got a rear site for 12 bux from ruger.
i couldnt get the rear site out to change. and i did all this with long assed nails :)

this stock is super comfortable, turned out to be an awesome piece!!

I did this gun project as a gift for a blue star army mom and her daughter in afghanistan- instead of keeping it. i took them shooting with me and they fell in love with my 10/22 about 8 months ago. this is the end result- nix the damn rear sight fix. the mom will dros in the morning.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well this isnt something im keeping any more mods they want to do is on their dollar. i think a 200 dollar gift is pretty nifty in itself. giving them a pretty nice something to start with is all i wanted. but thanks for the tip... i may do that for one of my pieces!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think that's real nice of you Shotlady and it turned out great. The stock iron sights on the 10/22's are loosy anyways. There a rifle you pretty much need to scope. The only thing is I think you'll need another for yourself. :D

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha! i was thinking for a present to myself for being so nice would be to mod one i have or get another i could mod. lol but i have to stop or at least play like im gonna stop. i pick up my 357 today and start dros on my compact 9mm this morning. lol i do have to stop until i get moved. i think i haveall a girl could dream of even a guy could dream of. i need to focus on leaving ca in about 6-7 months.

i totally want to do my sks and one of my 10/22s though. but not now :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
For reasons I can't seem to figure out I have this near overwhelming desire to bullpup my SKS, lol.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i really dont know i need mountains, but not may people. i am in the apt industry and i make super good money so for now a sml city is neccesary.

so hey listen since we are talking mods n shit. I have a 686-3 LH special smith and wesson 357. i want grips that i cant tear up and was gonna go hogue. i think its a round butt L frame. but im not really sure. and i see there are two different types of covers bantam and something else. how do i know what to get?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice job on the refurb on a budget, and even better ... BONUS KARMA points for giving to some one else.
Keep up the good work.
[;{)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have been thinking of starting a thread about do-it-yourself gunsmithing ...
as a former pro gunsmiter believe me when I say it ain't rocket science,
and as long as you know and respect your abilities and limitations, most people can do a lot more than they think.

For you SKS fans,
here is a folding stock I built one weekend out of some AR 15 and M14 components I had just sitting around.

After I wrapped the SKS wood stock in fiberglass and expoxy and painted everything with Black bedliner paint, it came out nice.
Gotta love the SKS as one of the best bangs for the buck available, and a great starter for do-it-yourself gunsmiting,
LAZ 1 .

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
thanks for the link! i love my hogue for my beretta. okay ill try that!
Beretta M9/92's are my favorite pistols and what I carry. All but my 92F has Hogue wrap arounds and I've been thinking I might put some G10 grips on it. I thought they made the G10 grips for the L frames, but didn't see any. For a wood look though, if you want another tough option besides the rubbers, the laminates should be. Laminate is aligned wood grain slices compressed with epoxy and can be very tough.

K or L Rd. Lamo Camo [19400] - $69.95 : Hogue Inc., The Best Value In Handgun Grips, Rifle Stocks and Accessories - Bar None!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
easily the most beautiful gun i own.(loves frog lube) i love her, largely due to the grips. got some holster wear.......... the INOX fs92 beretta i got for my son isnt as neat. he didnt hogue his grips lol. i want to do wrap arounds to the xd45.

speaking of holster wear.... i noticed my m&p's holster wear is different. I usually keep the fs in a galco and the m&p in a plastic molded something my older son got for us for front sight. I last yr i got a shoulder cross pull for my beretta. i havent mastered that. i have trained with the crosspull but not too much.

the M&P nine compact... can i use the same holster as my full size m&p?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nice job on the refurb on a budget, and even better ... BONUS KARMA points for giving to some one else.
Keep up the good work.
[;{)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have been thinking of starting a thread about do-it-yourself gunsmithing ...
as a former pro gunsmiter believe me when I say it ain't rocket science,
and as long as you know and respect your abilities and limitations, most people can do a lot more than they think.

For you SKS fans,
here is a folding stock I built one weekend out of some AR 15 and M14 components I had just sitting around.

After I wrapped the SKS wood stock in fiberglass and expoxy and painted everything with Black bedliner paint, it came out nice.
Gotta love the SKS as one of the best bangs for the buck available, and a great starter for do-it-yourself gunsmiting,
LAZ 1 .
I do my own work but im lucky my best friend is a gun smith, lotafun, he usually teaches me to do the work. he lets me pay him in ammo.

haha bed liner. my son just refinished his motor cycle in bedliner. swears its grunt proof.

i love my sks. its sooo pretty. i cant believe how lucky i am. god has blessed my safe. i dont know where to begin. i just dont want to ruin this beautiful gun stock. I do shoot this more than my colt and sig ars. lol easily my fav rifle. i dont know what to do to it. course i dont have to do nothing but i want the stock perserved should the boys want to restore it to original- ya know- when its their turn to own all my guns...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts